3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2013 10:36 PM by Rosario RSS

Steps to deploy java application from scratch.

user10772487

Hello All,

in our company we have weblogic 10.3.6 with fusion middleware (11.1.2)   forms & reports.

I created two managed server FORMS , REPORT to deploy  Oracle Forms & Reports.

Now our management wants to deploy java files in weblogic.

Do I have create a managed server in weblogic to deploy java files?

So Could you please provide the steps from a scratch to deploy java application?

Thanks,

Ahmed.

• 1. Re: Steps to deploy java application from scratch.
          Rosario

Hi,

Its up to you & your organization to decide to use the existing (FORMS & REPORT) server or create a new Managed Server to Deploy the java application.

Once you have the application archive file(either war, rar, jar, ear), then you can deploy in the weblogic server as you deploy your forms and reports application

For instance,

In weblogic console, click on Lock & Edit ---> Deployments and click on Install. Then proceed with the deployment. Once done. Activate the changes.

Note: Make sure to select the application and select "start servicing all request"

You can find various methods of deployment from Weblogic documentation --> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e13702/toc.htm

Regards

Rosario

• 2. Re: Steps to deploy java application from scratch.
            user10772487

Hello Rosario,

thank you for your response,

As you mentioned in your prior pot that  "or create a new Managed Server to Deploy the java application."

We must create a new managed server to deploy java files,

Could you please provide me the steps to create that a new managed server?

I am already  searched in internet, I found you have to create a machine then assign that a new server to it, is it ok or there are another steps?

what is the modification we have to set it in "formsweb.cfg & default.env" files?

Regards,

Ahmed.

• 3. Re: Steps to deploy java application from scratch.
              Rosario

Hi Ahmed,

The simplest way is from the console ---> Select the server ---> click on New ---> enter the details about the Server like Listen Address, Listen Port , Machine, Cluster(if you want a cluster).

Machine is not mandatory when you are starting the server using script. It is needed when you are starting the server from weblogic console. You can select the existing Machine configured(in which you wanted run this server)

formsweb.cfg and default.env are related to FORMS AND REPORTS Server. It is not required for Weblogic standalone server.

Regards

Rosario