They option you have is to create csv files which has the bursting members and the users email ids.
A Sample will be
If there are multiple users who are receiving the same report then separate them using ';'
I'm working on something to present in KScope (If it gets selected, then I can share it) where you can burst PDF files into workspace so that you don't have the issue of sending reports to wrong address..
Can you expalin a little on the csv. I understand majority of it but a few that needs clarification.
1. Group_Name is the group setup in SS?
2. If I fill group name I shouldn't need to do role names?
3. the username here should be the login id to Essbase and Workspace right? If so, why don't they need to provide the password? How will the report generate with the correct security?
4. If I fill in the username in the previous part, is there a way to link it up to the email setup in SS through AD?
1. Yes it is the group in SS - You can fill in group details if you are planning to burst them for groups
2. No you don't. That's an option you have whether to burst it for roles/groups/users
3. Yes that is the username in SS and you don't need any of these (role, group, user) if you are emailing the reports to users. It is used if you are bursting the report into Workspace (which is not possible with PDF, I'm not sure whether that option is there in the latest) for snapshots etc
4. No you cannot link it to the email id. You'll still have to fill in the id. (if you are using EXCEL to edit csv then it becomes little easier, just add the @domain.com)
I still don't understand how security works if I fill in the user id. Does it run the report using that user id and results are generated based on the security of that user id? This is quite interesting as there is no where to enter the password for the Essbase and SS.
No, the report is run using the ID that you specify while bursting. Bursting is not looking (or trying to match) for the security. It gets the members mentioned in the csv (bursting members) generates the report.