2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2013 1:07 AM by DeepakDabbiru RSS

DB adapter retry count value

user9285225

Hi gurus,

I am using a db adapter for polling options. The option used is 'Delete the row(s) that were read' .

Here the retry count by default is set to unlimited. Is this the recommended one? In normal db adapter options i see the retry count as '4'

the property value seen in composite.xml is shown below

<property name="jca.retry.count" type="xs:int" many="false" override="may">2147483647</property>

Will this lead to any performance issues? Or what could be the correct retry count value?

Please let us know.

• 1. Re: DB adapter retry count value
          user9285225

Any suggestions/inputs?

• 2. Re: DB adapter retry count value
            DeepakDabbiru

Hi,

We have used the polling options using Logical delete vastly in our project and never faced any performance issues with respect to this property value being set to 'unlimited'.

I believe there should not be any performance issues with respect to the 'Delete the row(s) that were read' option as well.

According Oracle documentation:

In the Auto-Retries section, specify the value for auto-retry incase of time out. In case of a connection related fault, the Invoke activity can be automatically retried a limited number of times. You can specify the following values in the fields in this section:

• To retry indefinitely, type unlimited in the Attempts field.
            • Interval is the delay between retries.
            • Backoff Factor: x allows you to wait for increasing periods of time between retries. 9 attempts with a starting interval of 1 and a back off of 2 leads to retries after 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256 (28) seconds.

Thanks,

Deepak.