1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2013 4:57 AM by Muthu Nagaraj Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
        Matt-Symes

I had previously checked MD5SUMs when I was hosting stage on my external NTFS USB drive. However I've moved the stage area to ext4 formatted VDI so I've just checked again - but all MD5 sums agree with the published ones.

The install failed again last night at the same point and with the same error. Which upsets me - since I thought I'd nailed this last night by chown and chmodding /etc/oraInst.loc.

To remove possibility of other permissions related issues I guess I'll try an install as root. As currently I'm out of ideas.

Thanks again Jitz and Hussein for your help on this install - much apprecaited.

- Matt

• 16. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
          jitz

if possible can you please post following

cd <Stage Area>/TechInstallMedia/ohs11116

ls -l

and 

cd Disk1

ls -l

• 17. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
            Matt-Symes

Reply to #16 Jitz:

Apologies for the format of this mail - my laptop with the vm isn't on the internet at the moment - so I can't cut and paste:

Under TechInstallMedia/ohs11116

I have folders Disk1 (755), Disk2 (775), Disk2 (775) and file readme.htm and file V29764-01.zip (which I copied there and unzipped as per your earlier suggestion) - all are owned by oracle:dba

Under Disk1:

folders: doc (775), install (775), plugins (775), stage (755)

files: runinstaller (775)

all are owned by oracle:dba

BTW: My oracle user has dba as the primary group and oinstall as additional group - is that correct?

I'm going to clear out the install - and try again as root as I can't help but feel maybe I've messed up permissions somewhere...

Thanks,

- Matt

• 18. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

BTW: My oracle user has dba as the primary group and oinstall as additional group - is that correct?

It's correct.

I'm going to clear out the install - and try again as root as I can't help but feel maybe I've messed up permissions somewhere...

OK, keep us posted.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 19. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                Matt-Symes

Tried installing as root. Same error.

ERROR: OPatch failed because of Inventory problem.

Stderr: The Oracle Home /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2 is not registered with the Central Inventory.  OPatch was not able to get details of the home from the inventory.

So - I guess that maybe somewhere earlier in the installation the registration of /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2 is failing - but this isn't getting picked up as an install-ending error at that point - but when OPatch fails that does cause the install to give up.

So - does anyone know where I might go looking for a log file that contains details around the registration of the /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2 home???

• 20. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Did you complete the steps under "Verify oraInst.loc" section in (Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1))?

Did you clean your previous failed installation before starting RapidWiz again?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 21. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                    Matt-Symes

I reviewed MOS Note Troubleshooting Rapid Install for E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1378579.1)

By stepping through this document, and going through the log file at /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/logs/10011553.log (log from most recent install attempt). I was able to find the following file ought to contain details regarding the registration of the Tools home that seems to be causing the problems:

Log file located at /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/admin/log/ApplyAppsTechStack_10012153.log

Whilst the end of this log file talks about having registered the home successfully, I'm assuming this is incorrect information, and there are errors in the log file which I've included verbatim below (and highlighted the errors):

#############################################################

Started ApplyAppsTechStack at Tue Oct 01 21:53:05 BST 2013

Version:

ApplyAppsTechStack.java : 120.28

Executing home registration for s_tools_oh...

Registering using Registration Driver

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/driver/regclone.drv

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/adouitools.pl

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/ouicli.pl

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/ouicli.pl to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/ouicli.pl

setting permissions: 700

setting ownership: oracle:dba

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/adlnktools.sh

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/adlnktools.sh

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/txkstubcfg1012.pl

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/txkstubcfg1012.pl

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/txkstubcfg1012.pl to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/txkstubcfg1012.pl

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/ftrace_cfg_1012.tmp

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/forms/server/ftrace.cfg

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/forms/server/ftrace.cfg to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/ftrace.cfg

Executing script in InstantiateFile:

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/5.10.0 -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0 -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/ohs/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/ouicli.pl

script returned:

Beginning OUI CLI cloning for s_tools_ohTue Oct  1 21:53:14 2013

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/jdk/bin/java -classpath /media/R122StageFiles/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/jlib/java:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/jlib/OraInstaller.jar:/media/R122StageFiles/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/jlib/xmlparserv2.jar:/media/R122StageFiles/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/jlib/ojdbc14.jar  oracle.apps.ad.clone.util.OracleHomeCloner  -OUICLI -e /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/appl/admin/VIS_r122vis.xml -nolink -oaVar s_tools_oh -homestub tools -log /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/admin/log/ohclone.log

Running OUI CLI home cloning from within OracleHomeCloner:

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/bin/runInstaller -debug -clone -silent -force -nolink -waitForCompletion -invPtrLoc /etc/oraInst.loc session:ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_asInstanceName=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminName=ias_admin oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminPassword=welcome ORACLE_HOME_NAME=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 -J-Doracle.installer.noLink=true

Finished OUI CLI cloning for s_tools_oh with return code: 0Tue Oct  1 21:53:16 2013

.end std out.

.end err out.

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh

script returned:

adlnktools.sh started at Tue Oct  1 21:53:16 BST 2013

Log file located at /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/logs/ora/10.1.2/install/make_10012153.log

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/OracleAS_Relink_Patch.sh: line 10: /d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/install/oracle_relink_patch.log: No such file or directory

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/OracleAS_Relink_Patch.sh: line 11: /d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/install/oracle_relink_patch.out: No such file or directory

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/OracleAS_Relink_Patch.sh: line 23: /d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/install/oracle_relink_patch.log: No such file or directory

Error while running adlnktools.sh.

return code = .16.17.18.21.22.23.24.25.32.33.34.36.37.38

Please check logfile located at /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/logs/ora/10.1.2/install/make_10012153.log

.end std out.

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/OracleAS_Relink_Patch.sh: line 20: /d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/install/oracle_relink_patch.out: No such file or directory

grep: /d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/install/oracle_relink_patch.out: No such file or directory

.end err out.

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/5.10.0 -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0 -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/ohs/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/txkstubcfg1012.pl

script returned:

.end std out.

.end err out.

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/adouitools.pl

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/ouicli.pl

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/ouicli.pl to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/ouicli0.pl

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/adlnktools.sh

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/adlnktools0.sh

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/txkstubcfg1012.pl

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/txkstubcfg1012.pl

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/txkstubcfg1012.pl to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/txkstubcfg10120.pl

instantiate file:

source : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/template/ftrace_cfg_1012.tmp

dest   : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/forms/server/ftrace.cfg

backup : /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/forms/server/ftrace.cfg to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/out/ftrace0.cfg

Completed home registration for s_tools_oh

Completed home registration.

ApplyApplTechStack Completed Successfully.

Started ApplyAppsTechStack at Tue Oct 01 21:53:51 BST 2013

Version:

ApplyAppsTechStack.java : 120.28

Skipping AutoConfig execution. AutoConfig will be run as a part of ApplyAppltop

ApplyApplTechStack Completed Successfully.

I took a look at the log file /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/logs/ora/10.1.2/install/make_10012153.log as suggested in the above for the linking error. The first error I found was below:

make -f /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ins_sysman.mk relink_sharedobj SHAREDOBJ=libnmemso

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib'

gcc -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmemso.so -Wl,--whole-archive -shared  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmem.a  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmer.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmeu.a  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmt.a    /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnml.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmee.a  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefmgr.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmevr.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmehu.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmehl.a  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmepm.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmedc.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmedt.a  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmedm.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmedr.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmeb.a  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmec.a   /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmesched.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmectl.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmejc.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmej.a -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -z lazyload -ljava -ljvm -lverify -z nolazyload -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmeclumgr.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmecluster.a /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmexml.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lxml10 -lcore10 -lnls10 -lunls10 -lclntsh -lnnz10   -lpthread -lnsl -lm -ldl -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib    `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljava

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmemso.so] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib'

make: *** [libnmemso] Error 2

Failed linking targets (agent nmo nmb) on Tue Oct  1 21:53:31 BST 2013...

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib

gcc -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmeoci.so `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmeoci.def | perl /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/processDef.pl | grep -E "[a-zA-Z]+[;]" | awk -F ";" '{printf(" -u "$1);}'` -shared -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/ /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmeoci.a  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -lnmemso -lcore10 -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -z lazyload -ljava -ljvm -lverify -z nolazyload -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined   `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm

make: *** [/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmeoci.so] Error 1

Failed linking target libnmeoci on Tue Oct  1 21:53:31 BST 2013...

gcc -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefw.so `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefw.def | perl /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/processDef.pl | grep -E "[a-zA-Z]+[;]" | awk -F ";" '{printf("-u "$1);}'`  -shared -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/ /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefw.a -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -lnmemso -lcore10 -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -z lazyload -ljava -ljvm -lverify -z nolazyload -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined   `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm

make: *** [/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefw.so] Error 1

Failed linking target libnmefw on Tue Oct  1 21:53:31 BST 2013...

gcc -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmuc.so `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmuc.def | perl /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/processDef.pl | grep -E "[a-zA-Z]+[;]" | awk -F ";" '{printf(" -u "$1);}'` -shared /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmuc.a -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/emdw/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/   `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm

mv -f /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/libnmuc.so /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/libnmuc.so.0

mv  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmuc.so /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/libnmuc.so

Completed linking target libnmuc on Tue Oct  1 21:53:32 BST 2013...

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/ogcc -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmuk.so -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/     `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib -lm    `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm   -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/ -shared -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmuk.so /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/snmuk.o   `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm

mv -f /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/libnmuk.so /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/libnmuk.so.0

mv  /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmuk.so /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/libnmuk.so

Completed linking target libnmuk on Tue Oct  1 21:53:32 BST 2013...

gcc -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefos.so `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefos.def | perl /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/processDef.pl | grep -E "[a-zA-Z]+[;]" | awk -F ";" '{printf(" -u "$1);}'` -shared -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/ /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefos.a -lnmefmgr  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -lnmemso -lcore10 -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -z lazyload -ljava -ljvm -lverify -z nolazyload -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined   `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm

make: *** [/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefos.so] Error 1

Failed linking target libnmefos on Tue Oct  1 21:53:32 BST 2013...

gcc -m32 -o /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefsql.so `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefsql.def | perl /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/processDef.pl | grep -E "[a-zA-Z]+[;]" | awk -F ";" '{printf(" -u "$1);}'`  -shared -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/stubs/ /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefsql.a -lnmefmgr  -lnmeoci -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib  -L/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/ -lnmemso -lcore10 -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client -L/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -z lazyload -ljava -ljvm -lverify -z nolazyload -Wl,-rpath,/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/client:/d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386 -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined   `cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm

make: *** [/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/libnmefsql.so] Error 1

Failed linking target libnmefsql on Tue Oct  1 21:53:32 BST 2013...

I found a hit on MOS for this ('/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljava' occurs while applying one off patch (Doc ID 418557.1)) but the details given suggest to me that I've probably got a more fundamental issue that once resolved would prevent this error from occuring.

Starting to get a bit out of my depth here Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

- Matt

• 22. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Matt,

Please post the output of the following:

$ cat /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/sysman/lib/env_sysman.mk | grep JRE_LIB_DIR

Thanks,

Hussein

• 23. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                        Matt-Symes

I looked more closely at the log file

And noticed that there appears to be a log file for the cloning of the oracle home that is causing the problem:

Beginning OUI CLI cloning for s_tools_ohTue Oct  1 21:53:14 2013

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/jdk/bin/java -classpath /media/R122StageFiles/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/jlib/java:/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/jlib/OraInstaller.jar:/media/R122StageFiles/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/jlib/xmlparserv2.jar:/media/R122StageFiles/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/jlib/ojdbc14.jar  oracle.apps.ad.clone.util.OracleHomeCloner  -OUICLI -e /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/appl/admin/VIS_r122vis.xml -nolink -oaVar s_tools_oh -homestub tools -log /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/admin/log/ohclone.log

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/bin/runInstaller -debug -clone -silent -force -nolink -waitForCompletion -invPtrLoc /etc/oraInst.loc session:ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_asInstanceName=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminName=ias_admin oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminPassword=welcome ORACLE_HOME_NAME=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 -J-Doracle.installer.noLink=true

Finished OUI CLI cloning for s_tools_oh with return code: 0Tue Oct  1 21:53:16 2013

Here are the contents of the log file /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/inst/apps/VIS_r122vis/admin/log/ohclone.log:

copying /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/jlib/ojmisc.jar into jdk/jre/lib

copying /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/jlib/ojmisc.jar into jdk/jre/lib

checking - /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oraInst.loc

Validating oraInst.loc - /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oraInst.loc

checking - /etc/oraInst.loc

Validating oraInst.loc - /etc/oraInst.loc

Found oraInst.loc at - /etc/oraInst.loc

Checking for 11g oracle home

Executing command sh -c "/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/bin/runInstaller -debug -clone -silent -force -nolink -waitForCompletion -invPtrLoc /etc/oraInst.loc session:ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_asInstanceName=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminName=ias_admin oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminPassword=welcome ORACLE_HOME_NAME=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 -J-Doracle.installer.noLink=true ; echo ERRORCODE = $? ERRORCODE_END" Tue Oct 01 21:53:16 BST 2013

Command returned

Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

No pre-requisite checks found in oraparam.ini, no system pre-requisite checks will be executed.

Error: OUI cannot be launched because the current working directory is set on the CD-ROM mount point. Launching OUI from this directory will make it difficult to unmount the disk later in the installation. Please change the working directory and relaunch OUI.

ERRORCODE = 253 ERRORCODE_END

.end std out.

.end err out.

Command sh -c "/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/bin/runInstaller -debug -clone -silent -force -nolink -waitForCompletion -invPtrLoc /etc/oraInst.loc session:ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_asInstanceName=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminName=ias_admin oracle.as.j2ee.top:s_adminPassword=welcome ORACLE_HOME_NAME=VIS_TOOLS__home_oracle_VIS_fs2_EBSapps_10_1_2 -J-Doracle.installer.noLink=true ; echo ERRORCODE = $? ERRORCODE_END" failed. Tue Oct 01 21:53:16 BST 2013

OUI CLI cloning returned non-zero.

Home may already be registered

OUI log file - /home/oracle/oraInventory/logs/cloneActions<timestamp>

Attempting to restore /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/oraparam.ini.ouibak to /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/oui/oraparam.ini

Executing command sh -c "/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/opmn/bin/opmnctl stopall ; echo ERRORCODE = $? ERRORCODE_END" Tue Oct 01 21:53:16 BST 2013

Command returned

opmnctl: opmn is not running

ERRORCODE = 0 ERRORCODE_END

.end std out.

/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/opmn/bin/opmnctl: line 636: /d3/R12/ab/apps/V122XB39/fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/opmn/bin/opmn: No such file or directory

.end err out.

Command sh -c "/home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/opmn/bin/opmnctl stopall ; echo ERRORCODE = $? ERRORCODE_END" completed successfully. Tue Oct 01 21:53:16 BST 2013

OPMN shutdown successfull

deleting ojmisc file (copied earlier) at /home/oracle/VIS/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/ext/ojmisc.jar

Now..... I'm not sure what the "Working Directory" is - but since /home/VIS should definitely not be recognised as CDROM my working assumption is that the working directory is in my staging area - which is held on the .VDI that I manually mount - and which maybe is getting misrecognised.

I'll change this so that this volume is added to fstab and automounted - and maybe, just maybe this will be the fix...?

• 24. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

I'll change this so that this volume is added to fstab and automounted - and maybe, just maybe this will be the fix...?

Yes, I would give it a try.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 25. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                            Matt-Symes

The installation completed successfully.

So to summarise - the stage area needs to be on a permanently mounted volume (i.e. with an entry in /etc/fstab) - otherwise OUI fails when trying to register new Oracle Home.

Thanks for your help guys.

- Matt

• 26. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                              818f96f0-81ea-4269-9eab-1ce69eaefffb

Hi Matt,

There should be no error when you run md5sum. If there are any file other than zip files. Please remove those.

My suggestion is to change the oraInventory loc in /etc/oraInst.loc. Even we faced the same issue. After changing the inventory directory the issue got resolved.

Regards,

Harish MC

• 27. Re: R12.2 install stuck on fails at step 4 at 48%. OEL6.4 x86-64
                                Muthu Nagaraj

Hi Matt,

I have faced same issue when i try to install R12.2 then I followed Doc id:1587452.1....

For your reference kindly visit my blog My Journey as an Oracle Apps DBA: EBS R12.2 installation steps

Thanks,

Muthu

1 2 Previous Next