2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 12:35 PM by Berkhan Dipso

    Auto creating BP records without user interaction

    Berkhan Dipso

      Hi team;

       

      I have 2 Business Processes (BP):

      BP_A : Line Item, Generic, Non-Workflow

      BP_B : Simple, Non-Workflow

       

      What I want to do is to create a record of type BP_B for every Line-item of BP_A. (Unifier 9.13 UDesigner Guide, Page:288 : Auto populating the new record, Line-Item-to-Record Auto-Creation)

       

      Example;

      BP_A
      Record:1
      Lineitem: 1.1
      Lineitem: 1.2
      Record: 2
      Lineitem: 2.1

       

      Should generate 3 records of BP_B

      BP_B
      Record : 1.1
      Record : 1.2
      Record : 2.1

       

      I put a field of type "BP Creator" on the "detail" form of BP_A.

       

      BUT; a new instance of BP_B is created if and only if user clicks the the "Create" button on the form. And when I consolidate the line items of BP_A (By some other BP_A record, or another BP) no records of BP_B is generated.

       

      How can I really Auto-Create BP records from the line-items of another BP without having user input?

       

      Any help is appreciated.

        • 1. Re: Auto creating BP records without user interaction
          RDDurham

          In the Administration mode of the BP A setup place a condition on the bp creator and check the box "Enable Conditon based creation". Upon "Finish Editing" the creator will evaluate the condition and create a bp record in bp "B".

          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Auto creating BP records without user interaction
            Berkhan Dipso

            Hi,

             

            I checked what you said and saw I already put a condition Status=Active on the Setup.

             

            But when I was playing around, I recognized that:

            1) In the design of BP_A under the "Auto creation processes -> Detail form", "Auto-populate from Line Item to Upper Form" check box is unchecked.

            2) I did not put "creator_id" and "uuu_creation_date" fields on the upper form of BP_B.

             

            After I fix these issues and re-deploy both of the processes it started to work.

             

            Thanks for the answer.