This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 8:16 PM by ittichai RSS

Thank you for creating this space!

Jayson Hanes Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Over the next few weeks I hope to post specific Packaged Applications questions for further discussion.

• 1. Re: Thank you for creating this space!
    Jayson Hanes Explorer

I tried to create a new discussion but the forum said I was not authorized....?

anyway:

I'm stuck on 4.2.2 for a few weeks and I'd like to see and/or use the 2 new packaged apps in the meantime (even if they are not supported on 4.2.2!)-- can the sql exports for them be made available?

Are there any updates to other packaged apps in 4.2.3 (such as P-Track)?

• 2. Re: Thank you for creating this space!
    David Gale Newbie

Jayson,

The SQL exports won't be made available, sorry. Data Reporter, at least, will not run on a 4.2.2 (or earlier) instance--it relies on functionality that did not exist prior to the 4.2.3 release.

That said, you can always test out the new apps by requesting a workspace on apex.oracle.com, of course.

We did implement a fair number of changes to all of the other packaged apps (naturally, some were more impacted than others). One of the most significant changes to P-Track is the ability to tag action items and milestones, in addition to whole projects.

Regards,

-David

• 3. Re: Thank you for creating this space!
    ittichai Journeyer

The APEX installation download files contains the fxxx.sql of the packaged applications. I believe you can install (import) it if it is compatible with your APEX version.

\Downloads\apex_4.2.3_en.zip\apex\core\packaged_apps

The P-Track application, for example, is f7220.sql.