2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2013 11:46 PM by user1346919 RSS

Business event issue

Hi,

I am invoking an oracle seeded business event oracle.apps.po.rcv.rcvtxn through Receiving Transaction.

This event should call a PL/SQL function. But I receive a notification in saying:

Event Error Name: WFE_DISPATCH_RULE_ERR
      Event Error Message: 3825: Error '-4061 - ORA-04061: existing state of has been invalidated
      ORA-04061: existing state of package "APPS.XX_PO_RCV_TXN_LABEL" has been invalidated
      ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped package "APPS.XX_PO_RCV_TXN_LABEL"
      ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "APPS.XX_PO_RCV_TXN_LABEL"' encountered during execution of Rule function 'xx_po_rcv_txn_label.receive_business_event' for event 'oracle.apps.po.rcv.rcvtxn' with key '196017-13587'.
      Event Error Stack:
      Wf_Event.dispatch_internal()

I am sure that this message is incorrect as I changed the package name to XXRCVTXN and business event is still calling old package XX_PO_RCV_TXN_LABEL.

Secondly, when I resubmit this event through notification worklist in sysadmin responsibility, it completes successfully and does the intended processing.

Can someone please point out why this discrepency is there?

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Business event issue
          user297277
          Did you able to solve the problem... If yes please help me out I am also getting same issue.....
          • 2. Re: Business event issue
            user1346919

The message is correct: the original package XX_PO_RCV_TXN_LABEL has indeed been invalidated when you have recompiled it. The business event turns to an old version pf the package, ... but it has been flagged as invalid in the share pool. Even if you recompile, or even drop the package, the workflow system will still turn to the old package version.

What to do: restarting the application services will definitely solve the issue (providing, of course, that the new package version is in valid state). For a production system this will cause downtime, so you could try to restart the Workflow Deferred Notification Agent Listener and perhaps the Workflow Notification Mailer.