4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2013 11:15 AM by 808758 RSS

12.1.3 EBS with JDBC Thin Client

Hello,

I have question about JDBC Thin Client, typically dbc file and context file define connection to RAC Database using thin client, as far as I know jdbc thin client does not support TAF feature when there is database node down, the connection not direct to surviving node until relogin.

APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=XXXX-SCAN.xxx.com)(PORT\=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=DBSID)))

<jdbc_url oa_var="s_apps_jdbc_connect_descriptor">jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=YES)(FAILOVER=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=XXXX-SCAN.xxx.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=DBSID)))

And parameter APPS_JDBC_DRIVER_TYPE=THIN in dbc  file, is it must to be THIN?  What is the function of FND_JDBC_USABLE_CHECK=false/true?

Also to  make connection work to surviving database node, we need to restart process OACORE that connect to down node, is that expected behavior and workaround?  Is there a way or is it supported to use THICK client in R12 EBS?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: 12.1.3 EBS with JDBC Thin Client
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Please see the following docs.

Is Transparent Application Failover (TAF) Supported on the JDBC Thin Driver? (Doc ID 297490.1)

Configuring and Managing E-Business Application Tier for RAC (Doc ID 1311528.1)

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: 12.1.3 EBS with JDBC Thin Client

Somewhat explain to me.  To make connection work to surviving database node, we need to restart process OACORE that connect to down node, is that expected behavior and workaround? So the TAF is not supported for OACORE connection pool as well?  I just did fail one database node and try to login to application and it always go to the bad connection pool of oacore with following error.  Unless I restart the oacore and thing will work fine.

13/10/10 14:01:47.604 html: JspServlet: unable to dispatch to requested page: Exception:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Session was invalidated

• 3. Re: 12.1.3 EBS with JDBC Thin Client

And can we define OCI connection instead of thin in $FND_SECURE/*.dbc?  Is it support?

APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=XXXX-SCAN.xxx.com)(PORT\=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=DBSID)))

to

APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:oci\:@DBSID.world  >> (from tnsnames.ora)

• 4. Re: 12.1.3 EBS with JDBC Thin Client

I saw there is thread TAF with JDBC talking about it.  Question

1. Is JDBC in R12 supported to use OCI instead of THIN

2. If so I need some guide or experienced person how to do that in EBS R12?