This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 12, 2013 4:37 AM by user9015389 RSS

Devel rpms for a metalink patched Oracle VM Server version 3.2.6

user9015389 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello.

On a Oracle VM Server patched version 3.2.6 downloaded from Metalink I need make new driver compilations (NVidia, Asix usbnet, etc..), for this objective I download and deploy the OVA template Oracle VM SDK Server on Virtualbox, but only the 3.2.1 OVS version is available as higher version, and so the UEK2 kernel version is lower than the metalink patchset 3.2.6

I have the kernel kernel-uek-2.6.39-300.32.5.el5uek for 3.2.6  OVS and I need two  develop RPM's :

kernel-devel-uek-2.6.39-300.32.5.el5uek

kernel-headers-uek-2.6.39-300.32.5.el5uek

How I can get these kernel rpm's ?,searching over el5uek yum repositories don't find nothing about this version and components, and I  don't know if there area metalink update out of any yum channel or I must build the RPMS with another rpm's

Some idea about my issue ? 

Thanks and regards.

Gregorio.

Spain.

• 1. Re: Devel rpms for a metalink patched Oracle VM Server version 3.2.6
    user9015389 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello.

I'm not sure about if install all rpm's contained in the Source kit is equivalent to install the DEVEL rpm bundle, in my case, yesterday was delivered the 3.2.6 OVS in Edelivery and there is a source ISO available, I install all rpms's  in my 3.2.6 OVS  system and seems are all develop components (make , cc, glib libraries, etc).

As don't  exist kernel-devel installed, my question is if installing all SRC rpms could be a equivalent environment ?, there are drivers code that check over "kernel-devel" before start the make and compile.

Regards,

Gregorio.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points