2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 5:42 AM by Vigneswar Battu RSS

Salary Basis Oracle HRMS

We have a new requirement coming up as follows

• We have employee(s) who belong to US Business group and he has an active assignment.
      • The active assignment has a Salary Basis assigned to it, which determines salary, equity, benefit details of that employee.
      • The same employee has to be paid salary, equity and benefits in Latin America, another business group altogether.

I am new to Oracle HRMS, looking for your help in addressing this situation!!

Thanks,

Aabby

• 1. Re: Salary Basis Oracle HRMS
          Sanjay Singh

Hi Abby,

As far as salary basis creation is considered you can create a new salary basis in Latin America Business group which can be assigned to employees of Latin America BG.

The question which you I need more clarity for further understanding is that - Does the same employee is active in both the business group at the same time?

Because as per the current functionality which I understand an employee can have active assignment in only one BG at a particular requirement.

Thanks,

Sanjay

• 2. Re: Salary Basis Oracle HRMS
            Vigneswar Battu

Hi Aabby,

This is a limitation with Oracle EBS which is rectified in Fusion Apps.

A person record is always defined in a BG.

If the person is transferred to a new country(BG), then you can terminate the person in BG1 and re-hire in BG2.

But if you want to have active assignments in both BGs, then you need to have 2 person records(one in each BG)

System treats it as if they are different people.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Vignesh