5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2013 2:53 AM by Rosario RSS

How to route multiple queue to a single queue in weblogic?

Hi,

I have three queue q1, q2, q3 in which the message is getting posted. Is it possible to route the message receiveing from all the three queues to single queue so that I can create only one MDB which will listen to this new queue rather than creating 3 mdbs listing to queue q1,q2,q3 .

Any suggestion would be of great help.

Regards

-Vinod

• 1. Re: How to route multiple queue to a single queue in weblogic?
          Rosario

Hello Vinod,

This is not possible within Weblogic. If single application is possible to process these message, then why you can update the producing application to post to single Queue instead of q1 , q2, q3. If you don't have the control within the producing application, then you need to have separate MDBs to consume it.

Regards

Rosario

• 2. Re: How to route multiple queue to a single queue in weblogic?

Hi Rosario,

Thanks for your response!

Basically I am using oracle AQ. As the oracle AQ can be integrated with Weblogic foreign server easily. All the message of Aq can be accessed from the Destination queue in foreign server. Now In my daily process I have to run multiple transactions and will have multiple DB. The database reside in different region. So in each DB i am creating an AQ. To read and process the AQ i will use MDB. But the number of DB can be 20 to 30. SO the Aq number will increase. I dont want to create 20-30 MBD to listen to each AQ. So I thought of routing all the queue to a single queue and create a single MDB.

I am new to Weblogic and tried to serarch any article but was unable to find ;-(.

Any suggestion would be of great help?

Regards

-Vinod

• 3. Re: How to route multiple queue to a single queue in weblogic?
              Rosario

Hi Vinod,

Unfortunately, you need to have each mdb for getting messages from each of the AQ.

Regards

Rosario

• 4. Re: How to route multiple queue to a single queue in weblogic?

Hi Rosario,

Thanks for the quick response.

The point i am going to add is not related to weblogic but I maybe You can help me in this as I have very limited knowledge of Middleware and I am trying to understand it.

1) Can I configure IBM MQ to listen to multiple Weblogic queues?

2) Also I believe I can use Weblogic Distributed queue to so that in case I receive a response from some other system say IBM MQ I can distribute it to multiple Queues in weblogic. Please Correct me if I am making some wrong assumptions.

Regards

-Vinod

• 5. Re: How to route multiple queue to a single queue in weblogic?
                  Rosario

Hello Vinod,

1. I think , you intended to ask , is it possible to post messages from multiple Weblogic Queue to a single MQ? Answer is Yes, but again you should have multiple Listener/Consumers(For ex: MDBs) to consume the message from Weblogic Queues and the post it to MQ.

2. Yes, this is possible (That is forwarding the message from IBM MQ to Weblogic Distributed Queue). Note: Only one of the Member would receive the message(basic principle of Queue).

The easiest way to integrate Weblogic with IBM MQ series is via Foreign JMS Server. You can get more information from Oracle KM Article 972848.1

Regards

Rosario