11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 8:08 PM by darouwan RSS

buildclient cannot work with VS2010

darouwan

I am rookie for Tuxedo~~Now i am trying to build the simpapp. However, when I build client part on Windows 2008 R2, I meet the following problem:

simpcl.c

Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 10.00.30319.01

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

/out:simpcl.exe

-implib:BC-1660.lib

simpcl.obj

C:\Oracle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1.1.0_VS2010\lib\libtux.lib

C:\Oracle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1.1.0_VS2010\lib\libbuft.lib

C:\Oracle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1.1.0_VS2010\lib\libfml.lib

C:\Oracle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1.1.0_VS2010\lib\libfml32.lib

C:\Oracle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1.1.0_VS2010\lib\libengine.lib

wsock32.lib

kernel32.lib

advapi32.lib

user32.lib

gdi32.lib

comdlg32.lib

winspool.lib

simpcl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __tmget_tperrno_addr@0,referenced in function _main

simpcl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tpcall@24,referenced in function _main

simpcl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol_tpfree@4,referenced in function _main

simpcl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol_tpterm@0,referenced in function _main

simpcl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol_tpalloc@12,referenced in function _main

simpcl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol_tpinit@4,referenced in function _main

simpcl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

TUXNT_CAT:77: ERROR: Can't execute cl /MD  -I"%TUXDIR%"\include -Fesimpcl  simpc

l.c   "%TUXDIR%"\lib\libtux.lib  "%TUXDIR%"\lib\libbuft.lib  "%TUXDIR%"\lib\libf

ml.lib "%TUXDIR%"\lib\libfml32.lib "%TUXDIR%"\lib\libengine.lib  wsock32.lib ker

nel32.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib winspool.lib   -link -i

mplib:BC-1660.lib

The Tuxedi I use is the Tuxedo 12c with VS2010 and my compiler is VS2010 C++ express version.

• 1. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
          Todd Little-Oracle

Hi,

Just to make sure, what exact command produced the above set of output?  And what is the value of the PATH environment variable?

Also, have you been able to build any clients on your system? Do you have the Windows Platform SDK installed?

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

• 2. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
            darouwan

The command is buildclient -o simpcl -f simpcl.c

PATH is

Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program

Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsof

t Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\Tools;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual

Studio 10.0\VC\VCPackages;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\b

in\NETFX 4.0 Tools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin;.;%JA

VA_HOME%\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\

System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\net-snmp\bin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1

.1.0_VS2010\bin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1.1.0_VS2010\jre\bin\server;C:\Ora

cle\Middleware\tuxedo12.1.1.0_VS2010\jre\bin

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

Havn't build any clients yet. This is my first time to use tuxedo on this pc. Also no windows platform sdk installed yet. I only installed Visual C++ Express 2010

• 3. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
              Bobfinan - Oracle-Oracle

Hi:

The errors look similar to ones where a customer was trying to compile an application (e.g. simpcl) as a 32 bit binary.

There are two reasons I can think of for this occurring. Either you downloaded 32 bit binaries of Tuxedo and intended

to build a 32 bit client or you downloaded 64 bit binaries but the compiler is configured incorrectly.

From a quick search, I do not think that Visual C++ Express 2010 by default includes a 64bit compiler.

If so, then you will need to download and use the SDK.

The two Tuxedo 12c installers that are available(from the Oracle download site) for VS2010 are:

1) Microsoft Windows (64-bit) with MS Visual Studio 2010 (182,777,252,bytes)

2) Microsoft Windows (32-bit) with MS Visual Studio 2010, client only (156,699,348)

The second download, Tuxedo 12c 32 bits client-only, is not supported on Windows 2008 R2.

It is only supported on Microsoft Windows 7:

Oracle® Tuxedo Certified <br />Platform Tables

You need to download and use the 1st installer.

Regards,

Bob Finan

• 4. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                darouwan

The tuxedo I downloaded is for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) with MS Visual Studio 2010.  According to you, VC++ express 2010 doesn't contain 64bit compiler and I need the sdk. So the sdk you mentioned is Windows Platform SDK and it contains 64 bit compiler? I found this one Windows SDK: Download the Windows SDK for Windows 7 and More | MSDN , but I am not sure  this is correct one as it is for Windows 7. I am trying on it

• 5. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                  Todd Little-Oracle

You need the Platform SDK for Windows Server.  I doubt the Windows SDK for Windows 7 has the necessary components.  In the past I have used: Download Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK Web Install from Official Microsoft Download Center

The issue is that you want to build Windows components and not .NET components, so that's why the Platform SDK was necessary.

Regards,

Todd Little

• 6. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                    darouwan

I am downloading the sdk you give. As the tuxedo I download is for vs2010, you are win server 2003 sdk is available on it?

• 7. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                      darouwan

or does it work If I install visual studio 2010 ultimate? it should conatin a 64bit compiler

• 8. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                        Todd Little-Oracle

Hi,

I don't really know what VS 2010 Ultimate contains.  I know that at one point Microsoft required you to download the platform SDK if you wanted to build Windows applications that were not CLR based, i.e., C++, that used the Windows APIs instead of the .Net APIs.  Microsoft continues to make it more and more difficult for developers to build applications on their platforms that aren't tied to .Net.  I can try and get one of our developers to post what we use in testing Tuxedo on Windows Server 2008.  Also, you might want to verify that your environment matches that described in the Tuxedo 12c platform data sheet for Windows Server 2008 located at: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35855_01/tuxedo/docs12c/install/inspds.html#wp1470801

Regards,

Todd Little

• 9. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                          darouwan

Thanks for your work. Windows is such a **...And  Appreciate for your work again. I have installed Tuxedo under Ubuntu successfully.

• 10. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                            Todd Little-Oracle

Yeah, I've stopped using Windows as much as possible...

In any case, if you're going to Ubuntu, please not that as of 13.10, there are problems building Tuxedo applications on Ubuntu.  Earlier versions work fine with one small work around you can find on this forum.  But 13.10 broke something, I think related to the new gcc compiler and libraries, although I'm not certain.

Regards,

Todd Little

• 11. Re: buildclient cannot work with VS2010
                              darouwan

Yeah. I have found that compiling command to compile the client successfully. . Now the whole tuxedo works fine on it.