This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 1:56 PM by user12003510 RSS

Audit Vault 12.1.1 error creating audit trail with TRANSACTION LOG

user12003510 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

i installed AV 12.1.1 , the DB target is with Data Guard.

when i run the script oracle_user_setup with the mode REDO_COLL the final message is that was succesfull , but when i go to the AV console and try to create an audit trail with TRANSACTION LOG the AV console shows me an error and the log shows me this :

[2013-10-16T03:37:18.593-05:00] [collfwk] [ERROR] [] [] [tid: 10] [ecid: 192.168.56.8:78800:1381912639433:0,0] RedoCollector : runSourceScript : Error while running script on source for REDO collector.

[2013-10-16T03:37:19.528-05:00] [collfwk] [ERROR] [] [] [tid: 10] [ecid: 192.168.56.8:78800:1381912639433:0,0] OAV-8004: Failed to start collector {0}:{1}CollectionFactory : createCollection : Exception while creating collection. [[

Failed to start collector {0}:{1}

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.runSourceScript(RedoCollector.java:816)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.sourceSetup(RedoCollector.java:579)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.setup(RedoCollector.java:454)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.startCollector(RedoCollector.java:216)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollectorManager.startTrail(RedoCollectorManager.java:199)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.factory.CollectionFactory.createCollection(CollectionFactory.java:504)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.factory.CollectionFactory.createCollection(CollectionFactory.java:354)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.StartTrailCommandHandler.processMessage(StartTrailCommandHandler.java:63)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.AgentController.processMessage(AgentController.java:325)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.AgentController$MessageListenerThread.run(AgentController.java:1859)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Nested Exception:

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

ORA-06512: at line 1

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:879)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:450)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:192)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:531)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:207)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:1044)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1329)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3584)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3685)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.execute(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1376)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)

at oracle.ucp.jdbc.proxy.StatementProxyFactory.invoke(StatementProxyFactory.java:230)

at oracle.ucp.jdbc.proxy.PreparedStatementProxyFactory.invoke(PreparedStatementProxyFactory.java:124)

at $Proxy2.execute(Unknown Source)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.runSourceScript(RedoCollector.java:747)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.sourceSetup(RedoCollector.java:579)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.setup(RedoCollector.java:454)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollector.startCollector(RedoCollector.java:216)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.redo.RedoCollectorManager.startTrail(RedoCollectorManager.java:199)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.factory.CollectionFactory.createCollection(CollectionFactory.java:504)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.collfwk.impl.factory.CollectionFactory.createCollection(CollectionFactory.java:354)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.StartTrailCommandHandler.processMessage(StartTrailCommandHandler.java:63)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.AgentController.processMessage(AgentController.java:325)

at oracle.av.platform.agent.AgentController$MessageListenerThread.run(AgentController.java:1859)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

]]

i don't understand why the issue because the user has the privileges given by the script and i tried with grant as sysdba but without any result

i don't understand what are the privileges that the collector needs.

any idea?

thnks for any help

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points