1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 10:19 AM by user464965 RSS

ABEND in Java User Exit with RAW DataType

I have a Java User Exit Extract running against a trail file that has been pumped to the GoldenGate instance in question.  The extract starts up without any issues, but gives the following error after I update a record that has a RAW datatype as the primary key:

JAVAWRITER(javawriter.c:269) [ERROR]: Error occurred (Java exception): UEDataSource.createOperation:

com.goldengate.atg.datasource.InvalidTransactionState: A new operation was received without first receiving a BEGIN transaction. This can happen when processing is resumed in the middle of a transaction, or when there are "before" images in the trail that are not being sent to the user exit (always include "GetUpdateBefores" in the user-exit parameter file).

I have tried a number of things to try to resolve this, but I can't seem to make this work.  the params for this extract currently looks like this:

extract uePump

sourcedefs ./dirdef/my_defgen.def

setenv (GGS_USEREXIT_CONF = "dirprm/javaue.properties")

cuserexit ./dirprm/libggjava_ue.so CUSEREXIT passthru includeupdatebefores

table my_schema.B_PLN_DIR, fetchmodcols (PLN_DIR_ID, *);

table my_schema.*;

... I've tried leaving off the "includeupdatebefores" argument to the cuserexit, leaving out the fetchmodcols handling for the table with the RAW PK field, but I still get the error shown above.

Any help / pointers is much appreciated.