This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 8:36 PM by 76425c46-a19e-4509-b28d-b5c0fbb0b433 RSS

Table of the Materialize View:

76425c46-a19e-4509-b28d-b5c0fbb0b433 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am Migrating data from one database to another. I am using the import/export method. I have two materialize views. I understand that these MV also create an underlying table.

So when I migrate(including data) to the fresh database, should I also export and import the table belonging to the materialized view?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Table of the Materialize View:
    Richard Harrison . Expert

Hi,

If you are doing a full database or a full schema export then all the objects will be included - you don't have to worry about any dependencies ore relationships import/export will handle that.

Cheers,

Harry

• 2. Re: Table of the Materialize View:
    76425c46-a19e-4509-b28d-b5c0fbb0b433 Newbie

Thanks Harry! But my process is, as I have already performed one round of import(and as I have done some changes in procedures and views which I want to retain in my new database), in my second round I would only be truncating the data in the table and import the data into the table. So in that case, for the MV table should I import the data into it?

I would also like to know how should sequence be handled in this case? Should I recreate the sequence after the import or let the sequence be there(as imported in my first round of import which I had done) and next time the sequence will take the right value from the newly refreshed table with new data.

Thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points