1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 18, 2013 1:34 PM by Jason_(A_Non) RSS

xpath with binary xmltype

9b2a38aa-02c7-4ac5-8456-bc6823f228f1

Hello,

I want to change my XMLType storage format from CLOB to BINARY.

For this purpose, I'm doing a few tests but I struggle with some specific xpath.

Here is my request :

select extractValue(

d.DATA

'MY_XPATH'

,'xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"'

) TEST

from XMLTYPE_BINARY d

where id=1;

and MY_XPATH  :

• '/entry/content/div/article/section[@class="chiffrage"]/div[@id="52995"]/div[@id="prestation-3082"]/span[@class="user"]/text()' => OK
      • '/entry/content/div/article/section[@class="chiffrage"]/div[@class="creance"]/div[@id="prestation-3082"]/span[@class="user"]/text()' => OK
      • '/entry/content/div/article/section[@class="chiffrage"]/div[@class=”creance” and @id="52995"]/div[@id="prestation-3082"]/span[@class="user"]/text()' => KO

In the 3rd case, i get the following error :

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [qmxptEvlXPO2], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

00600. 00000 -  "internal error code, arguments: [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s]"

*Cause:    This is the generic internal error number for Oracle program

exceptions.    This indicates that a process has encountered an

exceptional condition.

*Action:   Report as a bug - the first argument is the internal error number

Moreover, all my data in the table disappeared!

How can I deal with this problem?

Oracle version : 11.2.0.2

Thank you,

Benoit

• 1. Re: xpath with binary xmltype
          Jason_(A_Non)

It might be fixed in 11.2.0.4

At least that is what My Oracle Support says when I put in "qmxptEvlXPO2" for an ORA-00600.

As that is an internal error, MOS is the place to start for issues like that.  You can always upload the corresponding trace file to get a better hit for your specific error.

Also, EXTRACTVALUE is deprecated and you should be using XMLTable or XMLQuery instead per documentation.  That will probably also help you avoid the issue as well.