This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 2:05 PM by VijayJonnakuti RSS

Times Ten and Informatica

VijayJonnakuti Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

Has anyone connected to Times Ten using Informtica, please let me know. I am having a few issues and need help with that.

Thanks,

Vijay

• 1. Re: Times Ten and Informatica
    ChrisJenkins Guru

Could you give some details of how you are configuring the connection and the exact issues you are encountering?

Chris

• 2. Re: Times Ten and Informatica
    VijayJonnakuti Newbie

Hi Chris,

I am trying to connect through designer to import tables, but i am not able to import them. MY TT server is up and running and i am able to connect through SQL developer but when I am trying to connect through ODBC Data source Administrator, Server Connection is working fine but when i test Data Source Connection it is saying that 'TT15105: User xxxxxxx requesting database creation is not the instnace administrator. Only the instance administrator can create a database. --file "db.c", lineno 7989 procedure "sbDbCreate" and failing.

Can you please help me here. Once this is resolved, will try to run the load and see how it works.

Thanks,

Vijay

• 3. Re: Times Ten and Informatica
    ChrisJenkins Guru

This is some kind of configuration issue. It seems like Informatica is not connecting to the same database as SQL Developer is (as if it were TimesTen would not be trying to create it). Are you using a direct connection or a client/server connection for Informatica? Can you provide the relevant sections of all the relevant configuration files. For TimesTen this would be the sys.odbc.ini from the machine hosting the database and, if client/server is being used, sys.odbc.ini and sys.ttconnect,ini from the TimesTen client installation on the machine where Informtica is running. Also, if Informatica has its own odbc.ini file please provide that as well.

Chris

• 4. Re: Times Ten and Informatica
    VijayJonnakuti Newbie

Thanks a lot Chris for your help.

I am using a Windows machine to connect to Unix box. First i want to test if am able to import tables in informatica. Once this is done i will go ahead and do the changes in Server.

So for my Clinet windows machine i have appended my PATH and CLASSPATH

set PATH to "C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\bin;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\oci;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\odbc;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\odbc\xla;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\jdbc;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\odbc_drivermgr;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\proc;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\ttclasses;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\quickstart\sample_code\ttclasses\xla;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\ttoracle_home\instantclient_11_1;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\ttoracle_home\instantclient_11_1\sdk;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\3rdparty\ant\bin;C:\TimesTen\TT1121~1\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_32;c:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_32\

bin;C:\sybase\OCS-15_0\dll;C:\sybase\OCS-15_0\bin;C:\sybase\OCS-12_5\dll;C:\sybase\OCS-15_0\lib3p;C:\sybase\DataAccess\OLEDB\dll;C:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll;C:\sybase\DataAccess\ADONET\dll;C:\sybase\IQ-15_0\bin32;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;W:\pm\pvcs\install\vm\common\bin\win32;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Managem

ent Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\MicrosoftSQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin64;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\tools

\c\samples\bin;C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 12\bin64;C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 12\bin32;c:\TimesTen\tt1121_32\bin;C:\TimesTen\tt1121_32\bin\;;C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\;C:\Program Files(x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;c:\pimco\bin;c:\pimco\dll;c:\sybase\dll;c:\sybase\bin;c:\cobol\exedll;z:\app\ims\batch;z:\app\ims\bin;z:\app\ims\util;c:\program files\businessobjects;W:\pimprod\global\bin;W:\pimprod\global\bin64;W:\pm\vendor\SymphonyClient\current\lib;W:\pm\vendor\SymphonyClient\current\lib64"

set CLASSPATH to "C:/TimesTen/TT1121~1/lib/ttjdbc5.jar;C:/TimesTen/TT1121~1/lib/orai18n.jar;C:/TimesTen/TT1121~1/lib/timestenjmsxla.jar;C:/TimesTen/TT1121~1/3rdparty/jms1.1/lib/jms.jar;.;C:\TimesTen\tt70_32\lib\ttjdbc5.jar;C:\TimesTen\tt1121_32\lib\ttjdbc6.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\java\lib\com.ibm.mqjms.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\java\lib\com.ibm.mq.jar;C:\TimesTen\tt1121_32\bin;C:\TimesTen\tt1121_32\bin\;C:\Program Files x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip"

Next I have configured my ODBC connections. Connection to server works fine but when i try to connect to Data Source it give the above error. i.e. TT15105: User xxxxxxx requesting database creation is not the instnace administrator. Only the instance administrator can create a database. --file "db.c", lineno 7989 procedure "sbDbCreate".

Can you pleae help me to find out what i am missing.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points