2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 8:20 AM by Walid_Naib RSS

Avast Antivirus deleting my uicc.dll files of Oracle Forms 10g after Oct 20, 2013

CDigitalDeveloper

Hello..
      I have installed oracle forms 10g on 3 differents pcs.

eventually after 20th october 2013...My avast antivirues is deleting uicc.dll files from (DevSuiteHome_1\BIN). Its happeing on my all computer after avast oct 20th 2013 updates..
      What i have to do....
      temperaroly i disable my antivirus but is there any proper solutions to inform avast that this .dll is importatn for us ...dont delete it...bcz after deletion of uicc.dll my oracle form builder don't open.

• 1. Re: Avast Antivirus deleting my uicc.dll files of Oracle Forms 10g after Oct 20, 2013
          O.Developer

Hi

I faced the same problem yesterday morning.  Yes it is happened  after AVAST update in morning.

Since - the file already  deleted, you cannot  recreate it.  After long trying, discussed with my manager, then we  un installed the developer suite, reboot the system then  install the developer suite.  It works for me yesterday.

Oracle Developer  Suite 10 G -(Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 )

You also need to copy APPSTAND.FMB & TEmplate.FMB to your  local folder where form is mapped to avoid error -FRM-18108 -Failed to load Objects..

Try  this if still you have problem, let me know.  If you solve with other work around, let us know as well.

• 2. Re: Avast Antivirus deleting my uicc.dll files of Oracle Forms 10g after Oct 20, 2013
            Walid_Naib

Dear CDigitalDeveloper ,

I've faced the same problem and i solved it by restoring the file from Avast's "Virus Chest" folder , it's where Avast moves the files detected during scanning. If you didn't find it there, you can copy it from another machine which has the same version of Developer Suite installed on it, or you look for the file in the installation CDs.

In addition to that, I have excluded this path (DevSuiteHome_1\BIN) from Avast's "File System Shield" service, so that it will skip scanning this particular folder in future. Because this service is a real-time scanner that monitors the files and programs all the time.

I think that the permanent solution for this problem is communicating with Avast support team to flag this file as a harmless file.

If you need any help, please feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes

Walid Naib