I want to upgrade my Production standalone DB server from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11. Details
a. Standalone DB server
b. ORACLE_HOME - /oracle
c. GRID_HOME - /grid
d. Storage Type - ASM
e. One Database is on ACFS, other databases are on raw disk ASM
1. STOP DB/ASM/GRID
2. upgrade grid - to new grid home
3. Once upgrade is completed - I hope clusterware will be online
4. Install oracle to new oracle home
5. upgrade each database using dbua
Please correct me if my upgrade steps are not proper. I dont have test server with the same setup to do testing.
The steps look correct. You will have to verify all steps in detail in a test upgrade environment. Pl also review the large "Workshop Presentation" here - Oracle Database Upgrade
I think link can help you : http://www.gokhanatil.com/2011/09/upgrading-oracle-rac-database-11202-to.html
I would not perform this complicated upgrade directly in production without first testing in a test environment. How big is the database and how much dowmtime can you afford ? What are your OS details ? I am not aware of any ACFS issues. Pl also see MOS Doc 950200.1
Thanks for the information. I did the upgrade and it is successful. MOS Doc 950200.1 helped a lot.
Steps I followed
1. Grid should be up and running - Safe side I stopped the databases
2. Install + Upgrade - GRID to new GRID HOME
3. rootupgrade.sh will upgrade and start the grid processes.
4. Install - ORACLE to new ORACLE HOME ( just install software )
5. Upgrade database using DBUA from new ORACLE HOME.
I got one issue after GRID upgrade - I could not start the database from old home which is running on ACFS.
Oracle has solution for it - "ENABLING ACFS VOLUME ERRORS ORA-15489 AND SAME VOLUME DISABLING ERRORS WITH ORA-15468 " resolved the issue.
Thanks All - For your valuable information.