1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 8:24 AM by Paul Broughton Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Basic form to display data
        Paul Broughton

I did take that out, it is difficult to debug your issue without having the data tables to support the page:

Here are the things I would do and I have done where possible on apex.oracle.com:

• Remove the process called "a"
        • Make sure the query runs in SQL Developer or SQL Plus and returns data for the CM_NUMBER your entering
        • Set the Policies and Leads Regions to never to make sure it is the PL/SQL region causing the issue
        • Change the item region to a html text region
        • Create a new After header page Process containing the query
        • Make sure all items have "Source Used: Only when current value in session state is null"
        • Make sure all items have "Source Type: Static text"

You will also notice I have added a new page called simple emp example which mimics the functionality you were trying to recreate using the emp and dept tables as that data is available t use.

Hopefully this will will help to solve your issues.

Thanks

Paul

• 16. Re: Basic form to display data
          GRB

Thanks Paul, you're a star.

I followed your demo and it works perfectly; and expands my understanding of the development process, greatly.

Cheers,

Graham

• 17. Re: Basic form to display data
            GRB

Oops!

Just another quick question.

I entered a number that didn't exist and got a no data found page.

But now, every time I run the application, that's all I get; I can't get rid of it.

I assume that the text field is holding on to the last entered number.

How do I correctly handle that?

Thanks,

Graham

• 18. Re: Basic form to display data
              Paul Broughton

If you only run the process if a record exists that will solve the issue, you will need to add a condition of:

Exists (Sql Query returns at least 1 row)

Then use the query below in the expression 1 field

<code>

SELECT 1

FROM EXII.T_INDIVIDUAL TI

WHERE TI.PARTY_ID = :CM_NUMBER

</code>

If have replicated this in page of the app on apex.oracle.com

Thanks

Paul

• 19. Re: Basic form to display data
                GRB

Hi Paul,

yes, I worked that out not long ago and have done exactly that.

I had to also put in a condition that it wouldn't process the invalid number, so that the page would display again.

Subsequently, the validation wouldn't let it get that far.

I've the added validation, but it still displays the items from the last valid person.

Can I get it to clear out the related items when the cm_number is invalid?

Thanks,

Graham

• 20. Re: Basic form to display data
                  Paul Broughton

Yep you can, create a new process by choosing "Session State" as the type then clear cache for all items on page and enter the page number.  Next to reverse the condition so this time use not exists and the same query as before:

<code>

SELECT 1

FROM EXII.T_INDIVIDUAL TI

WHERE TI.PARTY_ID = :CM_NUMBER

</code>

Again I created an example on page 2.  That will clear all the items.  Make sure your new process fires after the later than the already set up one.

Thanks

Paul

• 21. Re: Basic form to display data
                    GRB

I've done exactly what you have suggested, but I think the validation is getting in the way.

It comes back with an error message, but the fields haven't been cleared.

Should the process run elsewhere?

• 22. Re: Basic form to display data
                      Paul Broughton

Sorry missed that you said you had set up a validation, change the process point of the new session state process you just set up to "after submit, before computations and validations".  Again I have added on page 2.

Thanks

Paul

• 23. Re: Basic form to display data
                        GRB

Gone back to getting 'no data found' page.

Cheers,

Graham

• 24. Re: Basic form to display data
                          GRB

OK, I've created a dynamic action to clear the fields; I also had to add another action to submit the page, as it overrides the button action.

However, rather than the inline error and notification (which I've set off, but seems to be ignored), I now get a whole page displayed with no data found.

It seems that submitting the page via the dynamic action, bypasses the Page processing validation. Can I get round this?

Also, some, hopefully, quick questions

1. Items in the personal details region have a ‘submit on enter’ option, but not the number field I created for the ID. Can it be done?
                          2. Can reports be scrolled, rather than paginated?
                          3. When the page refreshes the cursor is placed in the CM number field in insert mode. Is there an option to get it to go in overwrite mode?
                          4. Can I highlight a field on a condition?
                          • 25. Re: Basic form to display data
                            Paul Broughton

Hi, Sorry for the delay I have been off for a few weeks so had no chance to reply, did you get your problems resolved?

Thanks

Paul

• 26. Re: Basic form to display data
                              GRB

Hi Paul,

It's all looking OK; the powers that be are impressed!

Just need a final decision and I'm off on a course.

I'd still like to know the answers to my last post, if you have time.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers,

Graham

1 2 Previous Next