This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 6:02 AM by User466139-OC RSS

Extract Pump status ABENDED

User466139-OC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Did a new GG setup in the below environment.

Source - QADB - Win 2008 R2 - Oracle 11.2.0.3.0  without ASM

Target - TEST11GR2 - Win 2008 R2 - Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 with ASM

After configuring the source and target system i tired to start the extract DATA PUMP on the source system.but it went into ABENDED status.

Below is the error message from GGserr.log

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check swap space. Recommended swap/extract: 128G (64bit system).

2013-10-18 16:35:59  INFO    OGG-01014  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, PUMP1.prm:  Positioning with begin time: Oct 18, 2013 4:22:43 PM, starting record time: Oct 18, 2013 4:35:38 PM at extseqno 3, extrba 1021.

2013-10-18 16:35:59  INFO    OGG-00993  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, PUMP1.prm:  EXTRACT PUMP1 started.

2013-10-18 16:36:05  INFO    OGG-01226  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, PUMP1.prm:  Socket buffer size set to 27985 (flush size 27985).

2013-10-18 16:36:05  INFO    OGG-01052  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, PUMP1.prm:  No recovery is required for target file D:\gg\dirdat\tr000000, at RBA 0 (file not opened).

2013-10-18 16:36:05  INFO    OGG-01478  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, PUMP1.prm:  Output file D:\gg\dirdat\tr is using format RELEASE 11.2.

2013-10-18 16:36:05  ERROR   OGG-01033  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, PUMP1.prm:  There is a problem in network communication, a remote file problem, encryption keys for target and source do not match (if using ENCRYPT) or an unknown error. (Remote file used is D:\gg\dirdat\tr000000, reply received is Could not create D:\gg\dirdat\tr000000).

2013-10-18 16:36:05  ERROR   OGG-01668  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, PUMP1.prm:  PROCESS ABENDING.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GGSCI (QADB) 67> info all

Program     Status      Group       Lag at Chkpt  Time Since Chkpt

MANAGER     RUNNING

EXTRACT     RUNNING     EXT1        00:00:00      00:00:05

EXTRACT     ABENDED     PUMP1       00:00:00      00:27:35

GGSCI (QADB) 68> view param ext1

extract ext1

userid gguser, password gguser

exttrail D:\gg\dirdat\tr

ddl include mapped objname NIG12.*;

table NIG12.*;

GGSCI (QADB) 69> view param pump1

EXTRACT pump1

USERID gguser, PASSWORD gguser

RMTHOST test11gr2, MGRPORT 7809

RMTTRAIL D:\gg\dirdat\tr

PASSTHRU

table NIG12.*;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GG installation directory location is different in source and destination.

Source - D:\gg

Target - C:\app\ops\product\gg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GGSCI (QADB) 70> info mgr

Manager is running (IP port QADB.7809).

Also Telnet from source to target server on port 7809 works.

Can someone highlight if there is any mistake in the configuration and advise ?

Thanks,

AshokKumar G

• 1. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    mb_ogg Journeyer

I'm going to ask what may seem obvious to you, but I don't have enough info now to know for certain, but since you're using the same trail file extension and location for both the Extract and Pump (D:\gg\dirdat\tr), I'm assuming that server "test11gr2" is not the same server where the Extract is running.  Is that correct?

If the above answer is "No, test11gr2 is another server", then check that server's "D:\gg\dirdat\" folder to make sure it even exists, check that the drive is not full, and that OGG has permission to create files on that server, ie-the account that runs the Manager is the acccount used to have read/write permissions.  Also, check the Windows error logs to see if any information can be gathered from there.

Let me know.

• 2. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    User466139-OC Newbie

Hi,

Test11gr2 is another server.   Also directory "D:\gg\dirdat\ " does not exist in Test11gr2.

So i tired to modify the RMTTRAIL value to "C:\app\ops\product\gg\dirdat\ " using alter RMTTRAIL command but it failed with the below error.

GGSCI (QADB) 51> status extract pump1

EXTRACT PUMP1: ABENDED

GGSCI (QADB) 52> delete extract pump1

Deleted EXTRACT PUMP1.

GGSCI (QADB) 53> info all

MANAGER     RUNNING

EXTRACT     RUNNING     EXT1        00:00:00      00:00:08

GGSCI (QADB) 54> stop extract ext1

Sending STOP request to EXTRACT EXT1 ...

Request processed.

GGSCI (QADB) 55> view params ext1

extract ext1

userid gguser, password gguser

exttrail D:\gg\dirdat\tr

ddl include mapped objname NIG12.*;

table NIG12.*;

GGSCI (QADB) 56> add extract pump1, exttrailsource D:\gg\dirdat\tr, begin now

EXTRACT added.

GGSCI (QADB) 57> ALTER RMTTRAIL C:\app\ops\product\gg\dirdat\tr, extract pump1

ERROR: TARGETEXTTRAIL does not exist.

But if i try to add to a directory that is present in the source server but not in the target server it works

GGSCI (QADB) 58> add rmttrail D:\gg\dirdat\tr , extract pump1

RMTTRAIL added.

FYI - The OS account that owns the oracle database is different across the source and target server.

Please advise...

• 3. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    mb_ogg Journeyer

I think that you're mixing some issues here.

The first issue is that you are trying to have the Pump write a remote trail on the target server to a directory that doesn't exist.  That's the problem, it needs the directory.  So create the D:\gg\dirdat directory on the target.

The second issue really is that you were trying to alter a trail that didn't exist, so you can't alter it, and where you say you were able to do the "add rmttrail D:\gg\dirdat\tr..." and that worked, that's because the syntax is correct and you are creating a remote trail, rather than trying to alter one, and even though the directory is the same path as the source, it's not referring to the source directory when you add a remote trail, it's referring to the target server path.

So, the short of it is, create a directory on your target server called D:\gg\dirdat and give that a try

• 4. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    User466139-OC Newbie

Hi,

Yes i agree that the target directory "D:\gg\dirdat" was not present.

So i created a new directory "C:\app\ops\product\gg\dirdat\" on the target system.

And when i try to add this new existing directory i encounter the error

EXTRACT added.

GGSCI (QADB) 57> ALTER RMTTRAIL C:\app\ops\product\gg\dirdat\tr, extract pump1

ERROR: TARGETEXTTRAIL does not exist.

This is where i was struck. Please advise...

• 5. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    mb_ogg Journeyer

GGSCI (QADB) 57> ADD RMTTRAIL C:\app\ops\product\gg\dirdat\tr, extract pump1

• 6. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    User466139-OC Newbie

Thanks,

GGSCI (QADB) 73> delete extract pump1

Deleted EXTRACT PUMP1.

GGSCI (QADB) 74> add extract pump1, exttrailsource D:\gg\dirdat\tr, begin now

EXTRACT added.

GGSCI (QADB) 75> ADD RMTTRAIL C:\app\ops\product\gg\dirdat\tr, extract pump1

RMTTRAIL added.

It worked now   and i just realized my silly mistake .   But if i view the param1 config still i see the old directory below. Should this value be edited manually.

GGSCI (QADB) 76> view param pump1

EXTRACT pump1

RMTTRAIL D:\gg\dirdat\tr

PASSTHRU

table NIG12.*;

GGSCI (QADB) 77>

• 7. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    mb_ogg Journeyer

Yes, you're Pump RMTTRAIL info needs to match what you do with the ADD RMTTRAIL command.  I know it seems redundant, but it all has it's purpose. 

• 8. Re: Extract Pump status ABENDED
    User466139-OC Newbie

Hi,

Thanks very much for the confirmation. Post changing param pump1 values manually i tried to start the extract process (data pump) and it completed successfully.

GGSCI (QADB) 81> view param pump1

EXTRACT pump1

RMTTRAIL C:\app\ops\product\gg\dirdat\tr

PASSTHRU

table NIG12.*;

GGSCI (QADB) 82> info all

MANAGER     RUNNING

EXTRACT     RUNNING     EXT1        00:00:00      00:00:00

EXTRACT     RUNNING     PUMP1       00:00:00      00:00:00