3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 8:13 AM by Amit Porwal 007 RSS

Financial Reporting Studio not allowing to connect to Essbase server

Amit Porwal 007

Hi All,

I have installed 11.1.2.2 HFR studio (32 bit installed via workspace) on my machine and After logging in the Studio,

when I try to create the Essbase connection in it, it throws me following error:

"Failed to Connect to server"

"Error connecting to database connection connection_name: Error: Error getting CSS support information for driver [com.hyperion.ap.aps.Driver]"

Any idea to solve this.

I tried following , but this is also not helping:

-- Run the batch script HRRunAnt.cmd in the directory "D:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialReportingStudio\products\financialreporting\install\bin"

after installation

Warm Regards,

Amit Porwal

• 1. Re: Financial Reporting Studio not allowing to connect to Essbase server
          Celvin Kattookaran

Check these https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1504806.1&displayIndex=1

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1300530.1&displayIndex=2

First one applies if FR is on 64bit OS which you can ignore.

Second one talks about a corrupt admaps.jar file, see if you can get one from a working environment.

Regards

Celvin

• 2. Re: Financial Reporting Studio not allowing to connect to Essbase server
            Amit Porwal 007

Hello Celvin,

Thanks a lot for your reply to this post.

Actually, We have foundation on One machine and Essbase on different machine.

So we have installed (R&A) FR on machine where we have Foundation installed.

Also my Essbase machine is having Two instances of Essbase running on it, one on 1423 port and other on 1424 port.

**********************************************************************************

My Environments:

----------------------

MACHINE 1: Foundation + FR (FR Studio throwing error while creating essbase connection to MACHINE 2, but works opk with VM Machine)

MACHINE 2: Essbase (Two instances, one on 1423, other on 1424 port)

VM Machine: Essbase + foundation + FR on same machine (FR Studio works fine here)

**********************************************************************************

Now, as per the suggested links,

2nd option-->)

we were not having the "admaps.jar" file on Foundation MACHINE 1

. so I copied this file from my other working environment (VM Machine), but I am getting error: "Failed to connect to server" when I try to create an Essbase connection on FR Studio installed on same Foundation Machine 1 to any ESSBASE instance of MACHINE 2.

So, I thought to try the below 1st option as well.

1st option-->)

I tried to set the registry values on foundation machine (FR installed), but very strang, we are not having any Folder in

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hyperion Solutions\FinancialReporting0\HyS9FRReports"

I really Don't know how?

We have configued All the WEB in Single Managed Server on WEBLOGIC.

Also, My working environment is on a 64 bit Vritual Machine from which I copied the "admaps.jar" file to my non-working  MACHINE 1.

Also using the FR Studio on this non-working MACHINE 1

, I am NOT able to connect to the Essbase server of VM environment (only one Essbase instance on 1423), also not able to any connect to any of the Essbase instance on port 1423/1424 of MACHINE 2 as well.

Any other idea to get this resolved.?

Again thanks for your time to this post.

Warm Regards,

Amit Porwal

• 3. Re: Financial Reporting Studio not allowing to connect to Essbase server
              Amit Porwal 007

Thanks a lot Celvin, the key is to copy the JAR file and then bounce the server and services and whoila...it works....I am able to make connection in FR with Essbase, NO MORE Erros....

Thanks.

Regards,

Amit Porwal