8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 2:00 PM by PaulWAtMacmillan RSS

Financial Report launch/edit fails from Workspace

PaulWAtMacmillan

Environment:

EPM Version: Hyperion 11.1.2.1  (Planning/Essbase/EPMA)

Windows: Server2008 R2

From within Workspace our user has listed multiple FR Reports and is looking to edit one.

However she gets a warning message "A 'Service Temporarily Unavailable' error occurred communicating with the server.

Followed by an information box which has..

URL: http://webserver.domain:19000/hr/xml/HRConfig.jsp

Status 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

Content: text/html

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>Weblogic Bridge Message

</TITLE>

<BODY>

<H2>Failure of server APACHE bridge:</H2><P>

<hr>No backend server available for connection:timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

<hr></BODY>

<HTML>

1. I googled "No backend server available for connection:timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF" and got nothing that made sense to me (I'm a Application developer - not an infrastructure guru!).
      2. I restarted the Reporting and Analysis Framework Service but that did NOT resolve the issue - in fact I cannot successfully log into Workspace now as  Iget "The startup document specified does not exist in the repository.  Select a new startup document on the General preferences tab."
      3. I went to the diagnostics logs for reporting {\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\logs\ReportingAnalysis} to check the logs but which of the 42 log files do I look at???!

Any help in finding out EXACTLY what the cause is would be fantastic!  (I hate just restarting everything just to make the application available.)

Many thanks

P.W.