I'm new to use mdb+libumem to debug the memory leak issue in solaris 10. I found that I can run findleaks against some simple of my C++ applications, however the findleaks will result in a process crash sometimes against some specified C++ applications. Then I tried the alternatives like, use gcore to dump the core and then use mdb+libumem to do the memory leak analysis.
Now, a new problem comes up. I found recently, some actions of my C++ application would result in the process crashed as well after I launched the application with env parameters like "UMEM_DEBUG=default UMEM_LOGGING=transaction LD_PRELOAD=libumem.so".
I'm confused and frustrated right now...would anyone please shed any lights on