This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 12:13 AM by adfLearner RSS

ADF Faces Demo - inputListOfValues

adfLearner Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi ,

I tried following two scenario's with inputListOfValues ( inputListOfValues Demo ) -

1. Enter a value "Abdul236" and tabout from inputLOV. No popup is launched which is good because <code> event.setLaunchPopup(false); </code> gets called when returned result count==1 inside launchPopupListener.

2. Now I click the lov Icon next to inputField. This time same code  <code> event.setLaunchPopup(false); </code> gets called but still the popup is launched.

Is this the expected behaviour ?

Can we stop the popup launch in second scenario also ?

Thanks,

Rajdeep

• 1. Re: ADF Faces Demo - inputListOfValues
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE

Hi,

Is this the expected behaviour ?

yes it is the expected behavior. The first use case (the popup doesn't open) happens in the context of the input field validation. The second is an icon that opens the LOV for the user to search (users may not know anything about list values and as such directly open the LOV dialog)

Can we stop the popup launch in second scenario also ?

I think the only option would be to permanently hide the LOV icon in which case it doesn't become available at all. For this you would look at the generated page source to define a CSS rule that addresses the button to then hide it

Frank

• 3. Re: ADF Faces Demo - inputListOfValues
    adfLearner Explorer

Hi Frank,

Thanks for clarification that it is expected behaviour.

What I wanted to achieve is - when the user entered the full value Ex - Abdul236  . Popup should not launch when user clicks LOV icon. But for partial value, popup should launch on click of LOV icon. Hiding the icon through CSS will hide it completely ( as you mentioned ). Should I understand that we cannot achieve this required behavior.

@kdario

Your link is what I explained in point 1.

Thanks,

Rajdeep

• 4. Re: ADF Faces Demo - inputListOfValues
    kdario Expert

What I wanted to achieve is - when the user entered the full value Ex - Abdul236  . Popup should not launch when user clicks LOV icon. But for partial value, popup should launch on click of LOV icon. Hiding the icon through CSS will hide it completely ( as you mentioned ). Should I understand that we cannot achieve this required behavior.

@kdario

Your link is what I explained in point 1.

Well, as I wrote in mentioned thread:

"You can try to short-circuit JSF lifecycle with:

FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().responseComplete();"

So you can check if your lov already contains entered value and prevent popup launch.

Dario

• 5. Re: ADF Faces Demo - inputListOfValues
    adfLearner Explorer

Hi Dario,

Thanks that worked.

Thanks,

Rajdeep

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points