This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 11:21 AM by Sameer Darbha RSS

JSF Page Fragment based on Oracle Dynamic Tabs Shell Template

Sameer Darbha Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

JDeveloper 11.1.1.6

Can we create a JSF Page Fragment (jsff) based on an Oracle Dynamic Tabs Shell Template ?

I tried to create this jsff page and added in a bounded taskflow.

In the create jsff wizard, it will allow us to select the Oracle Dynamic Tabs Shell Template, but when trying to use this taskflow in the another page (jspx), it is giving the following exception.

javax.faces.FacesException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Target Unreachable, 'tabContext' returned null

at com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.createComponent(ApplicationImpl.java:261)

at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentELTag.createComponent(UIComponentELTag.java:222)

Basically the reason why I am trying to do like this is that I have to simply drop the taskflow in a page as a region.

The ViewController project code will only be created as an ADF Library Jar File and be used in other projects

(it will not be deployed as a web application (war))

More about the requirement:

I have a BPM Application in which I have 2 ADF ViewController projects, one for only BPM Human Task related UI and another for only ADF functionality.

I am writing a custom BPM Workspace kind of ADF Application and want the UI to be based on the Oracle Dynamic Tab Shell Template.

ADF ViewController project is deployed only as a ADF Library Jar file.

Another advantage I can have is I can test my ADF code within JDeveloper.

(If I create a jspx page based Oracle Dynamic Tab Shell Template in the BPM Human Task Related UI project, I will not be able to run it in JDeveloper and test it.

Otherwise I have to deploy to the SOA environment each time I make a change)

Thanks for any help.

Sameer

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points