1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 11:05 PM by algibson RSS

Why I can not use the same username/password in sqlplus and in Primavera Client?

Greg Williams

I have created a username/password that works in sqlplus, but when I try to use the same username/password in the primavera client it tells me that I have an invalid username/password. I am also able to create a database alias using the same username/password that I use in sqlplus. To recap: my username/password works in sqlplus, in creating a database alias, but does not work in Primavera.  Can anybody tell me why I am having this problem?

Thanks,

Gregory Williams

• 1. Re: Why I can not use the same username/password in sqlplus and in Primavera Client?
          algibson

Hi Greg,

The user accounts you create or log into SQL Plus with are Oracle Database accounts. These are completely separate from the P6 login accounts.

The only way you can create a new account to log into P6 with is to do it through a Primavera application (P6 desktop client if using PPM or P6 Web if using EPPM).

When you create the user account through Primavera you will be able to configure the license/modules they have access to as well as security/permissions and project access.

Regards

Alex