This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 1:31 AM by Honza RSS

Disable language on logon screen

Honza Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

is it possible to disable a language on the PeopleSoft PIA logon screen? I know I can edit the signin.html to not provide the option to change this language, but that would be incomplete since the language gets recognized automatically. For example when a time-out occurs and a user is signed out, the warning page promting the user to log back in is in the automatically selected language. How can I change this behaviour? I only want to keep ENG as the only language available. I believe this won't be configured though the PS application itself, rather I need to edit java scripts and html pages for that weblogic uses.

I'm on PeopleSoft 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.53, running Weblogic 10.3.6 I believe.

Thank you for input.

• 1. Re: Disable language on logon screen
    BobLilly Expert

If you want to completely hide the language selections, you could try changing the styles.css stylesheet by adding display:none; to the pslanguageframe style.

.pslanguageframe {

display: none;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

border-right: 1px solid #D6D6D6;

border-bottom: 1px solid #D6D6D6;

border-top-width: 1px;

border-top-style: solid;

border-top-color: #D6D6D6;

}

The file is in the PORTAL.war/<site> folder.

I tried this on PT8.51 and it worked for the initial login screen, but you'll have to verify that it still works the same on 8.53 and that it applies to all of the other login pages.

Regards,

Bob

• 2. Re: Disable language on logon screen
    Honza Newbie

Thank you for your reply and insight. Yes, this approach will work, however only hiding the language section does not do the trick completely. When you have a browser/OS with a different language, the language gets picked up automatically and users get an error warning and apparently it's too much for some people to click once more on the language or use the english link strait away :-) I think I might have gotten to the point in a java script to change this - or even hard code one language manually, but it's difficult to test since I have to clear cache and restart weblogic for each little change .. and I'm still not sure how weblogic itself plays it's role in this.

For the logon screen, I can use a workaround using a script on my domain level (maybe .htaccess), redirecting to an english logon page, but what about the timeout screen? When you leave the PS application standing for the defined time, PeopleSoft times out and you need to log back in, at this point the language gets picked up again.

• 3. Re: Disable language on logon screen
    BobLilly Expert

Take a look at

Regards,

Bob

• 4. Re: Disable language on logon screen
    Honza Newbie

Yes, this seems to do the trick, thank you!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points