This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 7:31 PM by Rahul-EM RSS

OEM 12c Console - Database Tablespaces Page Columns

gpafogarty Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

On the Console for OEM 12.1.0.3.0, is it possible to add a column to the page that displays information on the tablespaces of a database? I want to add a column for the maximum size of each tablespace. The screen shows a tablespace's allocated size, and allocated free space, but not the maximum size. Maximum size is shown on the datafiles page, but I want it on the tablespace page too.

I did not find a way to add or remove columns on the tablespace page. I was hoping someone on this forum could tell me if users can do that.

Thanks,

Bill

• 1. Re: OEM 12c Console - Database Tablespaces Page Columns
    TSharma-Oracle Guru

AFAIk its not possible to add column on a page. But you can use OEM BI reports to create your own reports.

Oracle Database Tablespace Daily Space Usage

• 2. Re: OEM 12c Console - Database Tablespaces Page Columns
    Rahul-EM Journeyer

Hi ,

As a part of previous ER implementation , Starting from 12c Maximum File Size (MB) was added to the View Tablespace page i.e when you click on individual Tablespace link it shows the following for the individual Tablespace

Name    Directory    Size (MB)    Used (MB)    Maximum File Size (MB)    Auto Extend

If you think adding Maximum File Size (MB) column to the Main Tablespaces page itself is indeed a desired helpful product feature then you can open an SR with Oracle Support providing Business and Technical justification for same and we can then raise an Enhancement request with Dev team to evaluate the possibility of including this feature for future releases

Regards,
    Rahul

• 3. Re: OEM 12c Console - Database Tablespaces Page Columns
    gpafogarty Newbie

Rahul, you wrote that the View Tablespace page, "shows the following for the individual tablespace", but that is not what it does. It shows the columns you listed for individual datafiles. I think is is good that that information is shown, but what I want is a sum of the maximum file size for all datafiles of a tablespace. That way I could see at a glance how much has been used and how big the tablespace can grow. I know the Tablespaces page has column Available Space Used (%), which is related to what I want, but I just want a plain number. Tell me how big the tablespace is now, and how big it can grow. Better yet, give Console users the choice between Available Space Used or Maximum Tablespace Size. I will look into the BI reports that TSharma described, and will consider filing the SR you mentioned.

Thanks,

Bill

• 4. Re: OEM 12c Console - Database Tablespaces Page Columns
    Rahul-EM Journeyer

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your update

Regarding  your query the answer is No, in current versions we cannot add a column to the page that displays information on the Tablespaces of a database

But if you want we can raise an Enhancement request for the same so Dev team can evaluate the possibility of including this feature for future releases

Regards,
    Rahul

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points