This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 5:02 AM by fac586 RSS

CSS help

pkpanda Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi ,

I am using themes 25 and want to reduce the font size to 9px and reduce the space between rows from 12px to 6px (margin:0,0,6,0), If I have to change the template that is also ok for me.

thanks.

• 1. Re: CSS help
    fac586 Guru

pkpanda wrote:

I am using themes 25 and want to reduce the font size to 9px

It appears that theme 25 specifies font size on a component-by-component basis following an initial global reset to the browser default. This makes changing the font size for the entire application decidedly non-trivial.

and reduce the space between rows from 12px to 6px (margin:0,0,6,0), If I have to change the template that is also ok for me.

Reduce the space between which "rows"? Table rows do not have margins. The closest equivalent property would be vertical border-spacing, but I suspect this is not what you mean as it is always set to 0 in theme 25.

Provide full details of the requirements that are driving this. Why is it necessary to do this? You'll also need to explicitly state which components/templates you want to apply these changes to.

Message was edited by: fac586

• 2. Re: CSS help
    pkpanda Explorer

I want to reduce the grid space between two rows for boilerplate items.

• 3. Re: CSS help
    fac586 Guru

pkpanda wrote:

I want to reduce the grid space between two rows for boilerplate items.

Not a clear requirement. What are "boilerplate items"? The term "boilerplate" is not used anywhere in the APEX documentation.

As requested above, explicitly state which APEX components you are trying to modify. Use standard APEX terminology, with reference to region/item types involved and the templates used. As always, the best approach is to illustrate the problem with an example on apex.oracle.com.

• 4. Re: CSS help
    pkpanda Explorer

I want to reduce the space between two lines. That is if I have 4 items and are displayed in 2 lines (2each) there are around 12px space between the line. I want to reduce to 6px. Hope this is clear.

• 5. Re: CSS help
    fac586 Guru

pkpanda wrote:

I want to reduce the space between two lines. That is if I have 4 items and are displayed in 2 lines (2each) there are around 12px space between the line. I want to reduce to 6px. Hope this is clear.

Not clear at all. CSS requires selectors. It's impossible to say what selectors are required without the information requested: region types; item types; region templates; page templates; whether this is required on one page or many...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points