4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 5:20 PM by salute-Salem RSS

delete checked button

salute-Salem

on apex.oracle.com

elbyaly

eyesmagicx@yahoo.com

decuk9

in the application (another of patients) , the (master detail) page , there is a button (delete checked) of the tabular form , this item has a condition (exists(sql returns at least one row) ,

1- i want to know what this condition means .

i think it means : (do not show the button if the query does not return at least one row) , right ?

2- i can not see it except when i edit a patient , and i do not want this , i want to see it when i try to insert a patient too ? how ?

thanks a lot

• 1. Re: delete checked button
          LA-APEX-DEv

in the application (another of patients) , the (master detail) page , there is a button (delete checked) of the tabular form , this item has a condition (exists(sql returns at least one row) ,

1- i want to know what this condition means .

i think it means : (do not show the button if the query does not return at least one row) , right ?

• Yes, you are correct.

2- i can not see it except when i edit a patient , and i do not want this , i want to see it when i try to insert a patient too ? how ?

• You can change to never condition.
          • i want to see it when i try to insert a patient too (There is no reason to delete a record when there is no record).
          • 2. Re: delete checked button
            salute-Salem

>

• i want to see it when i try to insert a patient too (There is no reason to delete a record when there is no record).

may be when i insert a patient and give him two tests for example , i want to undo this action and remove one test of the two . how can i do it if the button

is not there ?

-- the problem now , when i remove the condition , and click the button to delete a test of the two tests , the name and any data of the patient is also deleted not just the test i want ?

• 3. Re: delete checked button
              LA-APEX-DEv

may be when i insert a patient and give him two tests for example , i want to undo this action and remove one test of the two . how can i do it if the button

is not there ?

• If that the case, you have to use some kind of condition. For instance, you can set a value in one of your table column to Completed = 'Y' so that you can use that field value to display the button while you're still testing.

-- the problem now , when i remove the condition , and click the button to delete a test of the two tests , the name and any data of the patient is also deleted not just the test i want ?

• Is the test and patient records stored in the same table? If they are not, check to see if you have a constraint of primary and foreign key has cascading deleting trigger.
              • 4. Re: delete checked button
                salute-Salem

> If that the case, you have to use some kind of condition.

i did not understand that .

2- >Is the test and patient records stored in the same table?

no , and i have a primary and foreign key has cascading deleting trigger. but i think this should happens if i try to delete the master then the detail is deleted not

vice versa ?