1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 11, 2014 8:32 AM by caroy RSS

Issue using the mp:Link item in a plug-in mpcui definition

tmhudg

Hello,

I'm developing an OEM plug-in and wanted to use the Link item - <mp:Link label="Click Me" click="{invokeActivity('myPage')}"/> - in my mpcui-defined UI.

This actually works but it's conflicting with other content on the page. For example, if I define an InfoItem followed by the Link item, the link overlays the label of the InfoItem.

Here's my code

<mp:InfoItem label="My Label" value="Some text"/>

<mp:Link label="Click Me" click="{invokeActivity('myPage')}"/>

This results in a single line on the page with link label (Click Me) overlayed on top of the InfoItem label (My Label), with the InfoItem text (Some text) to the right.

[overlayed My Label and Click Me]    Some text

The mouse pointer turns into a finger pointer and I can click the garbled/overlayed text and it navigates to my page so it works; it's just messed up layout-wise. I don't have any positioning information in either element but normally, if I just use multiple InfoItem elements, they will be arranged vertically down the page. I was expecting the Link element to work the same way but it doesn't seem to for me.

Has anyone seen this? know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Tom

• 1. Re: Issue using the mp:Link item in a plug-in mpcui definition
          caroy

InfoItem tags can only be used as a child to the InfoDisplay tag.  And InfoDisplay only accepts InfoItem tags as children.  If you are trying to get a link into an InfoDisplay list, this can be done on the InfoItem tag:

<mp:InfoItem id="relatedHost" label="{getString('HOSTED_BY')}" value="{model.relatedHost}"

imageRenderer="{appModel.renderer('TARGET_TYPE')}"

imageDataSource="{model.relatedHostType}"

destination="{model.relatedHostLink}"  />

destination can be an URL string or an Activity (which you have defined in your integration class).