3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 12:59 AM by WGabriel RSS

Is there substitute for IBM WebSphere MQ

oemar01

Hello,

We are a large Oracle shop and exchange files with outsiders through a secured network. As part of improving our shop to exchange files we are strongly considering WebSphere MQ MFT which from what I understand is a very good product.

I am trying to find out if there is alternative to do comparison before proposing to the decision maker, I find out Oracle AQ work in conjunction with WebSphere MQ for example it shares Global Logical Unit Of Work but not with WebSphere MQ MFT. We are considering WebSphere MQ MFT because we are sending files not only messages. I also do not think Oracle AQ could substitute WebSphere MQ MFT.

I appreciate if anybody could point out to the right direction, Thank you.

• 1. Re: Is there substitute for IBM WebSphere MQ
          WGabriel

Hello,

the two mentioned technics, Websphere MQ MFT and Websphere MQ Queue, are completely different.

So it depends on your requirements. You wrote that your are heavily using files in order to exchange data.

Using Oracle AQ you will not have any benefits and using MFT it is the by far the faster way.

Kind regards,

WoG

• 2. Re: Is there substitute for IBM WebSphere MQ
            oemar01

Thank you for the helpful answer, but is there no other product that I can compare to WebSphere MFT and also satisfies the requirement?

I need to send files in a secured environment to external parties, the external parties might use the same software or might not but they are outside of our control, the proposed improvement has to work with the existing environment that sends files through sftp.

• 3. Re: Is there substitute for IBM WebSphere MQ
              WGabriel

Hello,

you are looking for other products like Websphere MFT to transport data files from A to B. But this is beyond the scope of this

forum concerning Advance Queueing. Oracle has no such tools available.

Kind regards,

WoG