1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 8:29 PM by petra-K Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: create standby database using restore backup

Thanks saur, anar, mahir

I am in linux OS,

11g

I am copying the backupset and archivelogs from primary to standby server. But my FRA have created two ambiguous DBNAME folders, "orcl" and "ORCL".

Note that in db spfile they mean the same thing, but it linux file they are different. How do I know which is the correct one?

• 16. Re: create standby database using restore backup

Hi Anar,

What do u mean by > yes it is possible . You can even go back later. You can do this.

Does this mean I can restore a latest db backup with an old controlfile?

• 17. Re: create standby database using restore backup
            Anar Godjaev

HI,

f55237a7-2c38-4db3-a7a3-1d77256f0730 wrote:

Hi Anar,

Q:Does this mean I can restore a latest db backup with an old controlfile?  A:Yes you can.For example:You can restore the data easly which are stored during a week

Thank you

• 18. Re: create standby database using restore backup

Hi Anar,

I am in linux OS,

11g

I am copying the backupset and archivelogs from primary to standby server. But my FRA have created two ambiguous DBNAME folders, "orcl" and "ORCL".

Note that in db spfile they mean the same thing, but it linux file they are different. How do I know which is the correct one?

• 19. Re: create standby database using restore backup
                saurabh

check "ORCL" your backup files will be present in that location.

• 20. Re: create standby database using restore backup

Hi All,

I was able to restore the backup for creating the standby.

The next step in the docs is to create redo logs.

I am still confused with the docs. Did I get it right? On top of the existing redo log group sets on standby which copied from primary , I need to create another group of online

redo logs and stanby redo logs?

1. Online redo logs  set.

Create Redo Logs

Create online redo logs for the standby. It's a good idea to match the configuration of the primary server. (why match? when I only copy everything from primary so they should be matched including redo logs?)

ALTER SYSTEM SET STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT=MANUAL;

ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE ('/u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB11G/online_redo01.log') SIZE 50M;

ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE ('/u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB11G/online_redo02.log') SIZE 50M;

ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE ('/u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB11G/online_redo03.log') SIZE 50M;

ALTER SYSTEM SET STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT=AUTO;

2. Standby redo logs set.

In addition to the online redo logs, you should create standby redo logs on both the standby and the primary database (in case of switchovers). The standby redo logs should be at least as big as the largest online redo log and there should be one extra group per thread compared the online redo logs. In my case, the following is standby redo logs must be created on both servers.

ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE ('/u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB11G/standby_redo01.log') SIZE 50M;

ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE ('/u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB11G/standby_redo02.log') SIZE 50M;

ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE ('/u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB11G/standby_redo03.log') SIZE 50M;

ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE ('/u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB11G/standby_redo04.log') SIZE 50M;

1 2 Previous Next