0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 11:30 AM by user8624877 RSS

Can I pass parameters from a dashboard via a dashboard prompt and presentation variable to publisher report based on a data model with select statements in OBIEE 11g ?

I have a publisher 11g (v  report with a single parameter. The report is based on a data model not a subject area.  I created a dashboard put a dashboard prompt and link to the report in separate section on the same page.  The dashboard prompt sets a presentation variable named the same as the parameter in the report. 

The problem was when I created the dashboard prompt, it forced me to select a subject area which I did (though did not want to) and then I created both a column and variable prompts. But clicking on the

report link completely ignored the value that I thought would be passed in the presentation variable to the report.

Side note :  My report uses a pdf template for its layout where I have mapped the columns names from my data model to the form fields on the pdf form.  I noticed that if I create a publisher report based on a subject area, then I do not have the choice to choose a PDF as a template type for my layout.  (I only see BI Publisher Template as a choice). 

I see some documentation online that suggest it could be done in 10g.

M. Jamal