This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 6:02 AM by yeti RSS

One Apex Listener to serve for Different APEX Versions?

yeti Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

The Environment:

WebServer:

Windows 2003 Server

Glassfish 3.1.2.2

APEX Listener 2.0.3

Database Server:

Server 1 10.2.0.5 Apex 4.1

Server 2 11..2.0.1 Apex 4.2

I know it is possible to configure one single APEX Listener with different database connects. But the problem is that i have to provide different image directories for the different apex versions.

is there a chance to configre one single listener to use different image directories fpr different apex installations? like virtual servers in the dad of old apache using mod_plsql?

if not, do i realy have to deploy two different applications? and how do i pack and deploy different image directory war files (afak does the static command always create an i.war file http://http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc/doc.20/e25066/install.htm#AELIG7044)

any help is welcome

regards peter

• 1. Re: One Apex Listener to serve for Different APEX Versions?
    TexasApexDeveloper Guru

If you don't mind running the listener in standalone mode, then the latest release supports this..  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc/doc.20/e25068.pdf

(See Release notes for version 2.0.5)..

Thank you,

Tony Miller

LuvMuffin Software

• 2. Re: One Apex Listener to serve for Different APEX Versions?
    799064 Newbie

This is possible on Apex Listener 2.0 - The trick is to create different images directory, either by creating apexi41.war/apexi42.war or coping them to the docroot of the domain docroot/apexi42 and docroot/apexi41.  These wars can the ones generated my the apex.war, but the web.xml will need to be updated to point to differnt static locations. After that is done, on each apex database, use the reset_image_prefix.sql that is located in the utilities directory. That should get your admin pages working and you can login. Then you will need to go into each app and change the images to point to the correct /apexi41 or /apexi42 URL contexts.

This will work with glassfish.

Thanks

Casey

• 3. Re: One Apex Listener to serve for Different APEX Versions?
    yeti Newbie

Both answers sound good, but they would be a back step from the original installation using the apache /mod_plsql

the standalone version needs to be logged on, and does not run as a service starting up automatic after system reboot.

the second one will probably worlk. but i would need refactoring  of the applikations in my development plattform. and, what is even worse, will need a reconfiguration of the running productive system of my customers.

is there realy no way to serve two different apex instances in one glassfish webserver without having to change the application?

disapointed

Peter

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points