2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 4:20 PM by alfonsogman_biepm RSS

HFM Consolidation from EBS GL Balances

alfonsogman_biepm

Hi,

I'm consolidating an applicaton in HFM, I created my account dimension based on GL Balance accounts, I mean the type of account is made on GL.GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS.ACCOUNT_TYPE,

I generated a text file based on sql query, the first time I loaded all the balance with no any validation in the account and I realized that HFM change the sign for expense accounts, so I change the sign for accounts DECODE(GL.GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS.ACCOUNT_TYPE, 'A', -1, 'E', -1, 'L', 1, 'O', 1, 'R', 1) when I generate the text file, but in the consolidation I noticed that expense accounts didn't change the sign. My questions are, what is right way to load in HFM? HFM change the sign and what kind of accounts?

Regards

• 1. Re: HFM Consolidation from EBS GL Balances
          Thanos A

Hi there,

The answers to your questions are pretty complex.

First, regarding the right way to load in HFM, you should find the answer by asking your customers. HFM should be aligned with the business processes and this means that the right way is defined by the business.

Secondly, regarding the HFM change the sign and what kind of accounts, I would suggest to read pages 75 to 80 from the document PDF

Post any specific questions.

Regards,

Thanos

< spam signature link removed by moderator >

• 2. Re: HFM Consolidation from EBS GL Balances
            alfonsogman_biepm

Hi Thanos,

Thanks a lot, I found the answer en the document, page 79.

I know how HFM does the consolidation by account type.

I'm going to modify the load and consolidate again.

Regards