This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 12:01 PM by user4502647 RSS

Fingerprint Enrollment web application

srhcan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to create a simple web application which will store fingerprint of a person in database. I have a U.Are.U 4500 fingerprint device from Digital Persona. My database is MS SQL Server 2008.
Basically the web app will consist of 2 JSPs. The first JSP AskUser.jsp will ask for a user_id and will have a button Next. A user will type in his/her user_id and then click Next button.
The second JSP EnrollUser.jsp will ask for user's fingerprint and will have a button Save. User will scan his fingerprint and then click Save button which will save the fingerprint in database.

The concern I have is regarding second JSP. How to wait until the user has scan his fingerprint? I mean how will the app know that scan is done? Also can I show the fingerprint on screen when user scan his fingerprint?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Fingerprint Enrollment web application
    Murray9654 Newbie
    I don't think jsp connecting to your device to get the thumb print is possible. one way to do this is when you scan finger print on the device the software associated with that device should let you save the finger print as an image. once you save the finger print as an image then upload it via a jsp page and store the image in database and also display it on a jsp page.
  • 2. Re: Fingerprint Enrollment web application
    user4502647 Newbie

Hello,

Are you successful with capturing the fingerprint data and store it  in the database? I am using Oracle database and Apex 4.2 for developing Voter registration system for school project. I am planning to get U.Are.U 4500 fingerprint device from Digital Persona. Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points