1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 10:48 PM by PuneetRekhade RSS

recover admin WLS server password

asmirnov

Hi,

I have hard time today recovering the admin server password, this is 11.1.1.5 with WLS 10.3.5.

I was using the below class for the long time to do that but for some reason it is failing on me today with this message:

<Nov 7, 2013 12:50:35 PM EST> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090518> <Could not decrypt the username attribute value of {AES}mzpu3UjR+nNnwTeaOvx

W6Fyp5Eu20Mi+ZUYKKbQvV2c= from the file C:\Oracle\fmw\user_projects\domains\dev_bam_osb\servers\admin\security\boot.properties. If you have

copied an encrypted attribute from boot.properties from another domain into C:\Oracle\fmw\user_projects\domains\dev_bam_osb\servers\admin\se

curity\boot.properties, change the encrypted attribute to its cleartext value then reboot the server. The attribute will be re-encrypted. Ot

herwise, change all encrypted attributes to their cleartext values, then reboot the server. All encryptable attributes will be re-encrypted.

The decryption failed with the exception weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: com.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_PaddingExcep

tion: Could not perform unpadding: invalid pad byte..>

<Nov 7, 2013 12:50:36 PM EST> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090518> <Could not decrypt the password attribute value of {AES}hqizdN2Tz6/sA6E7wed

Cn+zE/UfcnppuFop6usFW55g= from the file C:\Oracle\fmw\user_projects\domains\dev_bam_osb\servers\admin\security\boot.properties. If you have

copied an encrypted attribute from boot.properties from another domain into C:\Oracle\fmw\user_projects\domains\dev_bam_osb\servers\admin\se

curity\boot.properties, change the encrypted attribute to its cleartext value then reboot the server. The attribute will be re-encrypted. Ot

herwise, change all encrypted attributes to their cleartext values, then reboot the server. All encryptable attributes will be re-encrypted.

The decryption failed with the exception weblogic.security.internal.encryption.EncryptionServiceException: com.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_PaddingExcep

tion: Could not perform unpadding: invalid pad byte..>

#####################[/]###################

The class I have is this

import weblogic.security.internal.BootProperties;

public class pass

{

public static void main(String[] args)

{

BootProperties.load("<my domain home>\\servers\\admin\\security\\boot.properties", false);

BootProperties bootp = BootProperties.getBootProperties();

System.out.println("#####################[" +bootp.getOneClient() + "/" + bootp.getTwoClient() +"]###################");

}

}

I do understand the advise in the message about putting the clear text in the boot.properties file and restarting the server, yes, this does reset the password. I don't want to reset the password, I want just to see what it is.

Does somebody have ideas?

Thank you,

Anatoliy