We have planned to upgrade from 10.2.0.2 to 22.214.171.124.4 tomorrow. we have decided to go with fall back plan earlier but in the last minute CLIENT asked me prepare downgrade plan. Any inputs from based on your experience.
Following are the pre-cautions i am going to take at this moment.
1) Collect all the DB link information as DOC#837570.1 IN Step 5.
2) Compatible will be retained as old value only.
also i have one more doubt for example,
if i upgrade to 126.96.36.199 and users does some transactions for one day, then can i downgrade to lower version with loosing the changes.
If you want to go back to the state before the upgrade,
01. Take a cold backup of db before upgrade.
02. Perform upgrade to 188.8.131.52
03. After a day you decide to downgrade to old version and are ok to lose the changes done since upgrade, then restore the from backup taken in step 1 and start the database using old home.
If you are not willing to lose data then follow the link you have posted to perform downgrade.