2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 7:13 AM by mjondle RSS

Set first page after login based on criteria

mjondle

I am running a secure APEX application that I want to set a specific page after login if someone has never logged in before.  I already have code that creates a record for each distinct person that logs in.  Whenever someone logs in, I want it to check that table to see if an entry exists.  If a record doesn't exist I want them to go to page 1, if the record does exist I want them to go to page 6.  How would I do this?

• 1. Re: Set first page after login based on criteria
          vincent_deelen

Hi,

Just thinking out loud, so don't should me if it doesn't work.

I guess you could create an application item for the home page on which your user lands after login. You can use the code you allready created to set the page number in that application item.

You can than refer to that application item in your application's Home URL, which you can set under shared components > globalization > globalization attributes > user interface > user interfaces. In the home URL you can refer to your application item using the &MY_APP_ITEM. notation.

Hope it works for you

Regards,

Vincent

• 2. Re: Set first page after login based on criteria
            mjondle

Thank you Vincent for your reply, since my original post, business has changed their requirements and this is no longer needed.  Thanks for helping though, I appreciate it.