This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 11:15 AM by Nicolette RSS

SQL Query (updateable report) - Validation problems

ptsdcg Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

My validations are working for all rows on the current page, but not any pages after that.  For example, I have 600 rows, and 50 rows per page (12 pages).  I press Validate button and validations occur for page 1.  I fix the errors and press Validate again.  The application is not catching errors on page 2 or 3 or 4, etc., since the next thing that happens is my API is submitted for updating item attributes.   I look at my submitted job and there are errors in the log that should have been caught by the validation.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul

• 1. Re: SQL Query (updateable report) - Validation problems
    Nicolette Expert

ptsdcg

Only the rows visible in the screen are processed by apex.

So if you have 50 rows and due to pagination only 15 rows are visible then only does 15 rows are validated and insert cq updated.

To process the next 15 rows you first have to navigate to them.

Nicolette

• 2. Re: SQL Query (updateable report) - Validation problems
    ptsdcg Newbie

Nicolette,

Thanks for your reply.   Do you know if there is a way to auto-navigate or force navigation to the next page?

Paul

• 3. Re: SQL Query (updateable report) - Validation problems
    Nicolette Expert

ptsdcg

The javascript function apex.widget.report.paginate is used for pagination.

But that would not help you in this instance because the validation and DML processing is done on the server.

And the javascript is run on the client.

But if your on apex 4 and using a wizard created tabular form then you should get the following message when you have changed a value and try to paginate to the following rowset.

This form contains unsaved changes. Press "Ok" to proceed without saving your changes

Nicolette

• 4. Re: SQL Query (updateable report) - Validation problems
    ptsdcg Newbie

Well, the problem is I am uploading data from a spreadsheet, and then loading my updateable query with the results.  I validate the uploaded data in the spreadsheet on the updateable query page, but that doesn't mean the user has made a change to any of the values in the rows.  I am performing validation "for all submitted rows" so that even if the user does not make a change, the validation is still performed.

• 5. Re: SQL Query (updateable report) - Validation problems
    Nicolette Expert

ptsdcg

I have never used the data loading before.

But when setting something up for testing I noticed that all the data was loaded into apex_collections.

The data that is ready to be inserted or updated is avaliable in the collection LOAD_CONTENT.

While the data that has already been uploaded is in collection FIN_LOAD_CONTENT.

What you could do is only show the data that is in LOAD_CONTENT and not in FIN_LOAD_CONTENT.

Then remove the ability to paginate so the end user has no other choice but to save the data.

Have a branch return to the same page until all the data is in FIN_LOAD_CONTENT.

That way you don't present all the data in one go. But you also force the user to save all the data.

Another idea is to let the user have it's pagination but always show the message to save the data.

But as I have said I have no experience with the data loading in apex.

Nicolette

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points