2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 11:58 PM by sasikac RSS

Oracle Streams runtime privileges

sasikac

Hi All,

I'm using a schema 'strmadmin' (streams admin) to configure replication environment to replicate tables of another schema 'app_user'.

I know that to configure streams replication environment the schema 'strmadmin' must be granted with the 'DBA' role and admin privilege using 'DBMS_STREAMS_AUTH.GRANT_ADMIN_PRIVILEGE'.

But what are the exact privileges that need to be granted to the user at runtime stage after the completion of configuration?

Thanks,

Sasika.

• 1. Re: Oracle Streams runtime privileges
          gottikere

Hi Sasika,

Normally below mentioned privs are granted:

GRANT CONNECT, RESOURCE, AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE,DBA to STRMADMIN;

execute DBMS_STREAMS_AUTH.GRANT_ADMIN_PRIVILEGE(‘STRMADMIN’);

Thanks,

<moderator edit  - delelted link signature - see FAQ on top right>

• 2. Re: Oracle Streams runtime privileges
            sasikac

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I was able to successfully setup the replication environment with 'DBA' role and 'ADMIN' privilege.

But what I need to know is that, is there a way reduce some of these privileges when replication running.

After all the oracle documentation is saying

"The DBA role is required for a user to create or alter capture processes, synchronous captures, and apply processes. When the user does not need to perform these tasks, DBA role can be revoked from the user."

which means I can revoke DBA when replication running.

Are there any other privileges that can be revoked which were granted using 'ADMIN' privilege.

Thanks,

Sasika.