9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 3:53 AM by Shilpa.Gaikwad#9213 RSS

A login time out error in ODI

Shilpa.Gaikwad#9213

Hi,

I have been facing following issue since few days of  "A login timeout occured while connecting to the database".

Although this is not occuring daily in scheduled executions but its been there say 2-3 days apart.

Error given is as :

ODI-1228: Task SrcSet0 (Loading) fails on the target ORACLE connection OMPTBR.

Caused By: oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.ConnectionTimeoutException: A login timeout occured while connecting to the database

at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.doGetConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:117)

at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.getConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:62)

at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.doGetConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:113)

at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.createConnection(SnpsConnection.java:380)

After doing research on this, i found in some forums to modify the timeout value in userpref.xml file. But, i am unable to locate the file userpref.xml.

Any inputs/pointers would be of great help.

Thanks,

Shilpa