This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2013 10:27 AM by tomblakeley RSS

ERPi Integration with Oracle EBS GL

965365 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Experts,

We are using ERPi to integrate Hyperion Planning and Oracle GL. One of the question i have is Can you get the one figure either positive or negative value from Oracle GL ( i heard from our internal Oracle EBS team that Oracle stores debit balance and credit balance and it doesn't store the value as a positive or negative figure based on the account type.)

For example we have the following hierarchy and have a huge hierarchy list which are classified as revenue and expense

Sales
Product Sales
Sales Adjustment

But Sales Adjustment is classified as revenue account whereas it has to be deducted from product sales to get the actual sales, so can we get from GL the Sales adjustment has a negative figure and in hyperion planning i can just add the figure to product sales to arrive at correct sales figure.

In ERPi admin guide, i found the following, while defining the data load rules and filters one can specify the type of extract as

Periodic — Account balance for the specific period. Typically, income statement  accounts (revenues and expenses) are specified with a periodic balance. (The default is PTD.). Does that mean Oracle GL stores the offset value ( debit - credit) in the PTD column as one value?

Regards,

SG

• 1. Re: ERPi Integration with Oracle EBS GL
    JeffJon Guru

You can only choose to pull in the YTD or PERIODIC balances for the accounts with the data load rule.

Typically, income statement  accounts (revenues and expenses) are specified with a periodic balance. (The default is PTD.).

Does that mean Oracle GL stores the offset value ( debit - credit) in the PTD column as one value?

I beleive that is correct.  You would need to look at the GL_BALANCES table in EBS to see the amount that is stored for the account.  ERPi is going to pull the balance from this table.         

• 2. Re: ERPi Integration with Oracle EBS GL
    965365 Newbie

Hi Jon,

I was going through this link

http://etrm.oracle.com/pls/et1211d9/etrm_pnav.show_object?c_name=GL_BALANCES&c_owner=GL&c_type=TABLE

Here it says

GL_BALANCES stores period activity for an account in the PERIOD_NET_DR and PERIOD_NET_CR columns. The table stores the period beginning balances in BEGIN_BALANCE_DR and BEGIN_BALANCE_CR. An account's year-to-date balance is calculated as BEGIN_BALANCE_DR - BEGIN_BALANCE_CR + PERIOD_NET_DR - PERIOD_NET_CR.

I am confused here , does that mean ERPi is doing the logic of offsetting the debit and credit and provide one balance?

• 3. Re: ERPi Integration with Oracle EBS GL
    tomblakeley Newbie

Hi,

Hopefully this helps -

When extracting data from EBS ERPi preforms logic on the fly to determine the YTD or PTD value/balance for an account.

So - to answer your question "I am confused here , does that mean ERPi is doing the logic of offsetting the debit and credit and provide one balance?" - Yes. ERPi is providing you with one balance.

BEGIN_BALANCE_DR - BEGIN_BALANCE_CR + PERIOD_NET_DR - PERIOD_NET_CR.

The above formula would produce your YTD balance for the account you are looking at.

Account Types are also based on the Account Type tag in EBS - ensuring that data is correctly flipped to a value in Hyperion. Assets, shown as negative in EBS (debit balance) would be flipped to a positive number after this.

Thanks,

tom

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points