This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 10:58 AM by Alex_Keh - Oracle_Product_Manager RSS

ODAC Release 4 & 5 - Oracle.DataAccess.dll 4.112.3.0

BradDeem Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else noticed that ODAC Release 4 & 5 have the same AssemblyVersion 4.112.3.0?

Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) for Windows

It took me a while to spot the problem.  I'm using Entity Framework 5 and hit a machine with Release 4.  It threw an completely misleading exception on load.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnectionStringBuilder' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.RegAndConfigRdr' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: MySchema.MyPackage.MyProcedure.RefCursorMetaData.CUROUT.Column.1  is invalid

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.RegAndConfigRdr.AddMetadataForRefCursor(String refCursorKey, String metadataInfo, Hashtable& schemaTable)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.RegAndConfigRdr.RetrieveInfoFromConfig(NameValueCollection nvc, Hashtable& schemaTable, Boolean bIsCallFromODT)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.RegAndConfigRdr..cctor()

Since ODAC Release 4 was installed, the machine had Oracle.DataAccess.dll (4.112.3.0) in GAC.  Thus, my application could not use my local copy of Oracle.DataAccess.dll (4.112.3.0) from Release 5.

Having the same AssemblyVersion for Release 4 and 5 causes issues.  Can we get an additional release with an updated version?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points