0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 12:28 PM by oracle.dba.89 RSS

Migrating Standalone Grid Infrastructure Servers to a Cluster 11.2.0.1 Linux 5.9

oracle.dba.89

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing good

I am kinda confused migrating my 11.2.0.1 Oracle Restart installation to a RAC two node (aim is to add a second node along with migrating the existing one to the cluster pool).

Running on OEL 5.9 x86_64

I see that we can switch the RAC mode from 'off' to 'on' and use the existing clusterware binaries. I am trying to follow the below Oracle documentation for linux

6.2 Migrating Standalone Grid Infrastructure Servers to a Cluster

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e41961/rem_orcl.htm#CWLIN347

In this document, I have completed step 5 which is de-configuring Oracle Restart. All smooth.

The problem starts here. Next step 6 says

Prepare the server for Oracle Clusterware configuration, as described in this document. In addition, choose if you want to install Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Cluster in the same location as Oracle Restart, or in a different location:

You would have noticed that there's a note which says that the process uses config wizard which is available with rel 11.2.0.2 or later. Mine's 11.2.0.1.

From the doc

Note:

This procedure uses Oracle Clusterware Configuration Wizard, available with release 11.2.0.2 and later.

So how do I proceed from here? Can the existing binaries be used? If yes, how? Can't find much information. Thanks for your valuable time.

I hope I am not missing anything..

Warm Regards

Abhishek