2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 9:41 AM by Bill Symoniak RSS

Batching By Page Count Per Recip

Bill Symoniak

Need to divide a recipient output batch based upon the number of pages in the formset.  One batch with 1-20 duplex pages (up to 10 sheets) and the other with more than 20 pages.

Coded BatchingByPageCountPerRecipINI in AfgJob.

In fsiuser, coded Batch_Recip_Def in BatchingByRecip for Client recipient to UNDER and OVER output groups.

Coded PageRange = 1,20 for UNDER group and PageRange = 21,9999 for OVER group.

It is not sending the output from a transaction to UNDER and OVER based upon page count.  It seems to send the output from all transactions to the output group that meets the count from the first transaction (i.e. if the first transaction has 10 pages, the output from all transactions go to UNDER and if the first transaction has 22 pages, the output from all transactions go to OVER).

What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Batching By Page Count Per Recip
          User9976634-Oracle

This may not be related to your problem, but...

I seem to recall that there is a quirk in some of this BatchingBy... logic where you might mistakenly send items to the "DefaultBatch". The quirk is that if the DefaultBatch name is alphabetically sorted earlier than your other batch names, then the later batches are never used.

For instance, (and note that I'm trying to keep the example simple to make the point.)

< BatchingByRecip >

Batch_Recip_Def     = TRUE;"BATCH1";CUSTOMER

Batch_Recip_Def     = TRUE;"BATCH2";OFFICE

DefaultBatch            = BATCH3

A definition like above will work just fine.

However, a definition like the following will send everything to the default batch.

< BatchingByRecip >

Batch_Recip_Def     = TRUE;"BATCH1";CUSTOMER

Batch_Recip_Def     = TRUE;"BATCH2";OFFICE

DefaultBatch            = BATCH0

This happens because the name "BATCH0" alphabetically sorts earlier than any of the other batch names. So, make sure if you have specified a DefaultBatch that the name will sort to the bottom of the list.

• 2. Re: Batching By Page Count Per Recip
            Bill Symoniak

I too have noticed some quirks with the naming of the batches.  I don't think it directly applies to my dilemma, but I'll look into it.

Thanks for spending the time on the response.