1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 2:45 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle RSS

4.0 EA3: Does not open worksheet on connect

It seems that EA3 does not open a worksheet on connect, even if it is checked in preferences.

• 1. Re: 4.0 EA3: Does not open worksheet on connect
          Gary Graham-Oracle

Hi jnp1234,

I had never seen that behavior until I investigated another forum question on the worksheet icon in the main toolbar:

4.0EA3 SQL Worksheet button issues

Specifically the comment about ...

And as mentioned the button remains highlighted - looks extremely tacky.

Surprisingly, after using the worksheet drop-down list from the main toolbar, and leaving the icon in a "tacky" state, I noticed that my usually way of opening a connection (including the open worksheet on connect preference) from the Connections view no longer opened the worksheet.  Unfortunately I have yet to understand the full details, but if your situation is similar then the following should help as a workaround:

1. Remove highlighting on the SQL icon in the main toolbar by clicking on it (but not adjacent drop-down arrow to its right!).

If the worksheet still will not open when opening a connection, try one or more of these (I feel a bit like a witch doctor ...):

2. Open Connection Selector UI by clicking on the SQL icon in main toolbar (not the drop-down arrow!), then close it.

3. Try some combination of closing/opening the Start Page.  Not sure if matters in which state it ends up.

4. Disconnect Connections by right-clicking on the main Connections node in the Connections view.

Hope to get a bug filed for this, but it would be nice to nail down the test case and workaround first.

SQL Developer Team