3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 12:21 PM by EdStevens RSS

File Not Found Error while installing

94ca1f3c-5ca1-4c06-9858-513a0c7e2e15

I am using Win 7- 64, downloaded Oracle 11g R2.

my problem is while i am installing i am getting this error dialogue boxes repeatedly

File Not Found

F:\app\Poojaries\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\owb\external\oc4j_applications\applications\WFMLRSVCApp.ear

Giving options with

Abort          Retry           Continue

i proceeded with Continue, i got many errors like that , even i completed with clicking continue.

Installation completed.

While i am trying to login with Username and Password, it giving an error

ORA - 12560 TNS : Protocol adapter error.

Even i tried login with DBA also it not working

Waiting for solution..

Thank you

• 1. Re: File Not Found Error while installing
          TSharma-Oracle

When you download the files from oracle, you need to merge or combine the two folders into one folder. Re-try the installation, you should be fine.

lets say you download 2 files

database_1of2

database_2of2

Merge the contents of database_2of2 into database_1of2 and restart the installation.

• 3. Re: File Not Found Error while installing
            EdStevens

94ca1f3c-5ca1-4c06-9858-513a0c7e2e15 wrote:

I am using Win 7- 64, downloaded Oracle 11g R2.

my problem is while i am installing i am getting this error dialogue boxes repeatedly

File Not Found

F:\app\Poojaries\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\owb\external\oc4j_applications\applications\WFMLRSVCApp.ear

Giving options with

Abort          Retry           Continue

i proceeded with Continue, i got many errors like that , even i completed with clicking continue.

Installation completed.

While i am trying to login with Username and Password, it giving an error

ORA - 12560 TNS : Protocol adapter error.

Even i tried login with DBA also it not working

Waiting for solution..

Thank you

Why would you expect logging on to work when the fundamental installation failed and you chose to ignore the failure?

As pointed out, there were two zip files, and the contents of them have to be 'merged'.  There was a comment about the on the page from which you downloaded those two files.  And here's a hint:  If you are wedded to the Windows GUI, when you click on a zip file and choose to unzip it, it will be unzipped into a newly created folder with the same base name as the zip file.  Thus zip file 1 unzips into folder 1 and zip file 2 unzips to folder 2, leaving you with copy all of the contents of one into the other.

There is a cleaner way, and that is to learn to use a command line.

- open a command prompt (cmd.exe)

- change directories to the directory where your two zip files are located.

- issue the 'unzip' command, specifying file 1  ('unzip V17530-01_1of2')

- issue the 'unzip' command, specifying file 2  ('unzip V17530-01_2of2')

Done.  You will have two directories, one named 'database' and one named 'grid'.  The 'database directory will be the 'merged from two directories' directory.